Training for new EYFS?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Non childminder member
    Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

Mines this monday in Blackpool, they are putting on three eenings but we only need to attend one. Oh and its free.

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ncma webinars

I was happy with the webinars and if you went out on an evening course you would have petrol costs so not a lot of difference when take into account costs. Plus Birmingham still have not sorted out their budgets so no planned courses as yet plus we will probably have to pay for them anyway.

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have now been told by LA that training will be June/July still no news if free or not.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We are booked in for an evening in June and it's free We had a choice of days/ dates but at least this way we won't lose our income to attend

Jan 03
    Post Thanks / Like

We still haven't had any news apart from our DO attending some of the childminding groups to discuss changes. Unfortunately I cant get to mine as it is in the afternoon and I have a lo that sleeps and our school finishes at 3pm so would have to leave shortly after arriving! Not very helpful!

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    MET
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had nothing from our LA (Wakefield) so I emailed them yesterday and got the following Out of Office reply.

I am currently out of the office until Tuesday 3rd January 2012, if you require urgent assistance please contact: 01924 ******
    Not very reassuring.
    Charlotte
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just booked on 2hour course in June. There is another 2hour date in July. We have to pay £15 if booked now or £20 nearer the time. Not sure if 2 hours is going to cover very much!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Natternic View Post
    Essex is June and July, and we've got to pay, not impressed as I'm still new and only completed an eyfs course in October which I didn't find helpful, got more info from here and my local childminders.
    I am on the Essex/Suffolk border, I applied for the Essex training ages ago and sent off my cheque and haven't heard anything, so I popped on the new Suffolk CPD site, last week to see what they have, requested a free place in a town nearer to me than any of the Essex ones, received an E-mail back on Monday confirming my place. My safeguarding has also run out and Essex aren't currently running any, I have been urgently E-mailing them for the last 3 months chasing, have just been told that they have only just appointed their trainers and will have meetings to discuss how they will roll it out over the next few weeks I again went onto the Suffolk site and have booked a FREE course again and had the confirmation within 2 working days. It shows the awful differences between counties.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Just booked mine for an evening in June in my town so can walk there, it's free and we are getting a copy of revised eyfs for free too, how good is that!

jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The training in my area is just a 1 and a half hour session, more of an introduction to it really, i was told that there are no plans at the moment to offer any more training. To be honest the courses i have been to in the past have not been very good, i learn a lot more by coming on here so i have chosen not to go on the course and to teach myself just as i did when the present EYFS came into practise

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fi fi View Post
    Just booked mine for an evening in June in my town so can walk there, it's free and we are getting a copy of revised eyfs for free too, how good is that!
    Me too! Although I can't walk it is only a 10 min car journey!

I'm in Wiltshire, where are you?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in north wilts our training has just come online to book-just for a change there is a choice of several dates over june/july AND a choice of daytime/evening and saturdays! Nearest one to me is july, normally have to drive 45 mins to all training courses but this time its in our nearest town, happy to wait-this forum is fab for info and got till sept anyway
    Free for us too-shame on the councils who are making you pay.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh we have so much in surrey, 4 x 2hour evening courses to cover every age group and link in with the new development matters. Then 2 different seminars, one half a day and one full day.

Then 2 of our childrens centres are offering cluster meetings in the evenings about the new EYFS.

And its all free
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Jan 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Default News from Notts at last!

I have been told to expect 'information workshops' during week beginning 10th September. No news as to where, when or costs! I hope no-one is being inspected early September as they wont have had access to the information!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley102 View Post
    I have been told to expect 'information workshops' during week beginning 10th September. No news as to where, when or costs! I hope no-one is being inspected early September as they wont have had access to the information!
    Ha, ha I got that email too this morning - better late than never I suppose!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Dec 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Birmingham have just published their briefing sessions to be held in June and July. Its about 2.5 hours long and its free. My booking form has been sent but haven't had any confirmation yet.

Nina

Jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya,

I'm in Nottingham too, I just got an email today to say that training for new EYFS will be week beginning 10th Sept!

It seems a bit late to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by curlywurly View Post
    Hiya,

I'm in Nottingham too, I just got an email today to say that training for new EYFS will be week beginning 10th Sept!

It seems a bit late to me!
    Yep it does, we should all be doing it anyway by then

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    We are being offered 1hr training it's free but can't see how much they can cover in such a short time.

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oldham are 2 evening slots all compulsory, but free, 6.30-8.30 - which i wont be able to attend as I work late on those evenings

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast