Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much Sarah. I am hoping the new eyfs doesn't change too much from what we are already doing as I'm finally settled and enjoying my own paperwork system, but the changes don't seem too bad so far.

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah

jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! I'm pre-reg so I'm still getting to grips with the current EYFS so any changes are going to confuse me even more!

feb 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I'm new here and I have read your posts regarding the new EYFS and parent involvement, I have had 10 years experience in a private day nursery and I'm also a parent of a 4 year old and a 7 year old, with all due respect I think having more parent input if they will give it is a fantastic idea, I agree that children to act differently in different settings with different people we see this all the time, my own boy hardly spoke at school and was so chatty at home and it was just his lack of confidence. We should be taking parents input very serious after all they know their child best! I agree their are certain parent's who would say they can do x,y,z when they can't but as we are professionals we should have a good relationship with these parents to be able to talk open and honest. We can therefore evaluate are own weaknesses, like why is that child not doing x,y,z in your setting but is at home and what can you be doing to help that child to help them achieve x,y and z in your setting. I am attending the nursery show which has lots information on the new EYFS and also attending 2 other courses based around the new EYFS in June. I am happy to share any information I get from the nursery show next weekend.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by princessperfect View Post
    I am attending the nursery show which has lots information on the new EYFS and also attending 2 other courses based around the new EYFS in June. I am happy to share any information I get from the nursery show next weekend.
    Welcome to the forum!

I wish I'd known you were going - there was a group of us at the show today we'd have said hello!

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sarah,

I have a few of your books that i use for planning and linking to the EYFS. I use your obs sheets with the little tick boxes at the bottom, and then the summary learning journey sheets for each age group with all the different areas and aspects on. Are you going to be updating these with the new EYFS info, and if so, please can you let me know? These are the only sheets I need so wondering if you could tell me a price too? Xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

feb 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

I wish I'd known you were going - there was a group of us at the show today we'd have said hello!
    Hi sarah, I did not realise there was another nursery show I'm attending the one in Bournemouth 27-28 of April.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eddisonsmum View Post
    Hi Sarah,

I have a few of your books that i use for planning and linking to the EYFS. I use your obs sheets with the little tick boxes at the bottom, and then the summary learning journey sheets for each age group with all the different areas and aspects on. Are you going to be updating these with the new EYFS info, and if so, please can you let me know? These are the only sheets I need so wondering if you could tell me a price too? Xxx
    Hi yes I'm updating everything at the moment.

It is hard to know when to launch things because we must not start using the updated versions until September but of course people want to get their heads around things earlier than that!!

I am hoping to have it everything done by mid May, then I will do some emails offering customers free updates if they ask for them.

If they are required on CD there will be a small P & P charge.

So please make sure I have your up-to-date email address and get back to me when you receive my email!

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Sarah - How do you find the time?

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info But these changes are actually more work for CMs and with the potential to upset some parents if their child is not 'perfect'.
    Bad enough to get them to look at the EYFS, this will be even more intrusive.
    Parents just want someone to care for their child, they expect the 'teaching' to start at school and reports from 7yrs old onwards.

You can just see the newspaper headlines
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone started using the new development matters? There are huge gaps and the material is very thin and sparse compared to the last one
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Non childminder member
    Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Worried

Im confused i thought this revised EYFS was supposed to be cutting down paperwork especially for childminders and making it make play orientated. This to me seems like more, i agree with having to do the 2 year old assessment as i hardly ever agree with the outcomes of the ones taking place now, but it seems like alot more responsibility and pressure.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by laurendugdale22 View Post
    Im confused i thought this revised EYFS was supposed to be cutting down paperwork especially for childminders and making it make play orientated. This to me seems like more, i agree with having to do the 2 year old assessment as i hardly ever agree with the outcomes of the ones taking place now, but it seems like alot more responsibility and pressure.
    They say they have reduced the early learning goals ... but if you split the sentences up there are nearly as many as before ... and anyway childminders will not be responsible for evidencing the ELGs, it's the teacher's job in reception.

They say they have reduced the paperwork burden by cutting down the need to write risk assessments and policies and procedures ... but it is worrying a lot of established childminders how they will evidence what they do and how they work if they don't write things down.

They have definitely shortened the requirements ... but there are some worrying omissions which are leaving a lot of childminders worried about how they will work safely and how new childminders will be able to operate effectively if they are not trained to put them in place.

So... all in all... a confusing picture

feb 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    Thanks for the info But these changes are actually more work for CMs and with the potential to upset some parents if their child is not 'perfect'.
    Bad enough to get them to look at the EYFS, this will be even more intrusive.
    Parents just want someone to care for their child, they expect the 'teaching' to start at school and reports from 7yrs old onwards.

You can just see the newspaper headlines
    It will give childminders more work i agree, and it may upset some parents but at least the children will benefit from this and at the end of the day that should be all that really matters. I've only been registered since jan/feb and have 7 children on my books and i must say my parents are great with input both positive and negative and are very interested in the Eyfs, I feel it is our job to educate parents about the Eyfs and rather than Highlighting the teaching highlighting the importance of positive care routines and play experiences and this is how they are 'taught' and also highlighting the assessment side, the eyfs and how it overlaps in ages and each child will be different.

feb 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jadavi View Post
    Has anyone started using the new development matters? There are huge gaps and the material is very thin and sparse compared to the last one
    hi, i have started pulling all my documents together, and have had at look at the planning side and i have used trial observations, i agree it is very gappy when linking observations up to the new eyfs i do prefer the 2008 eyfs

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Fab! Thank you so much. That's a load off my mind. I sat at the intro to revised EYFS thinking I need Sarah's help lol. You are a true star! I am going to PM you my email now x

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Hi yes I'm updating everything at the moment.

It is hard to know when to launch things because we must not start using the updated versions until September but of course people want to get their heads around things earlier than that!!

I am hoping to have it everything done by mid May, then I will do some emails offering customers free updates if they ask for them.

If they are required on CD there will be a small P & P charge.

So please make sure I have your up-to-date email address and get back to me when you receive my email!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12