Help with planning... Pleeeeeeeeeeeease
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with planning... Pleeeeeeeeeeeease

So I am still not 100% on if this is right... I really need someone to say Yes you are on the right tracks, or no you need to do this... Or give some guidance.

This is what I have so far
    February - Valentines day, talking about people we love, family leading to...
    March - Mothers day and making flowers and talking about flowers and spring watch. Baby animals (lambs, chicks, bunnies) leading to...
    April - Easter, having a hunt etc then I have a weeks holiday.

I wanted to plan the themes so they flow in to one another. I will plan the activites around my themes, based on what I observe etc.

I have a weekly plan which outlines where I am or what we are doing ie, school runs, lunch, playschool, libraries, children centre etc... I also obviously have time for free play and adult led play so activities would be done during those times. I have two days a week when I have all mindees during that time frame.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Looks good to me!
    Thank you... I have written down loads of activities that I can do and how they link to EYFS (I think its right lol) so I can pick and choose which ones I feel are the right ones to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds really nice, you could pick the individual activities, or if they are of right age, why not see if the mindees can help choose which activities they want to do, eg you coil present them with three ways of making a card and let them decide which one they want to make

Nov2000
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaReed84 View Post
    I have written down loads of activities that I can do and how they link to EYFS (I think its right lol) so I can pick and choose which ones I feel are the right ones to do.
    As long as you are linking your activities to the EYFS and can show that you are adapting for different age groups (if necessary) and are showing 'next steps' it will be fine

What my Ofsted inspector said to me was 'you need to be able to prove that the child is developing in your care and not despite your care'. Does that make sense? i.e. children will develop to a certain extent without any stimulation or activities, albeit slowly, so what you need to be able to show, through your planning, learning journeys and summative reports is a clear progression through each of the EYFS stages.

Hope that helps x