NEW consultation on revised EYFS
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Penny1959 Guest

Default NEW consultation on revised EYFS

This has just hit my inbox

The reforms included reduced paperwork and bureaucracy for professionals; a strong focus on the three prime areas of learning most essential for children’s healthy development and future learning; simplified assessment at age 5; and a progress check at age 2. We received over 2,300 online responses to the consultation and conducted an intensive series of meetings, workshops and events with a range of stakeholders.

Today, we are also launching a one month consultation on proposed changes to The EYFS (Learning and Development Requirements) (Amendment) Order 2012. This consultation provides a further opportunity to comment on the Government's proposed changes to some parts of the learning and development requirements in the revised EYFS framework: the early learning goals; and the educational programmes. It is also an opportunity to comment on the statutory instrument which gives legal effect to these. You can access the consultation documents here:

http://www.education.gov.uk/consultations/

Not looked at it yet (will do tonight ) but wanted to let you all know as soon as possible

Penny

Message from Sarah - I have just added some notes (written with Penny's help - thank you Penny) for you to work through before answering the consultation further down this thread (in post 15).
    Last edited by sarah707; 23-12-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Penny, will also have a look tonight!

xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Penny
    Pauline x

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Penny will look at it later, let's hope they have listened to us all

Aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

After spending 2 hours of my day off filling in the consultation in huge detail, of course I looked at the top and realised I've downloaded the wrong consultation form (I found the website hard to get to grips with and kept being forwarded between the current and old consultation pages).

ARGH! I could cry. Of course I've wasted all my time.

Aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just done the new form online - it took about 3 minutes.

Oh well, perhaps it was a punishment for not doing the consultation earlier in the year? lol. I'm learning my actions have consequences.

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by leeloo1 View Post
    After spending 2 hours of my day off filling in the consultation in huge detail, of course I looked at the top and realised I've downloaded the wrong consultation form (I found the website hard to get to grips with and kept being forwarded between the current and old consultation pages).

ARGH! I could cry. Of course I've wasted all my time.
    So sorry to hear about that leeloo. I have been in email correspondance with Sarah 707 (who writes much better than me) about the need to help forum users get to the right sections and some pointers about what they are consulting about. Sarah usually does this but in light of recent posts I think that those of us who are more familiar with these things could do more to help those who want to fill in consultations but don't know where to start or what the government are looking for in the way of responses.

You must be spitting feathers at wasting so much time - I would be

Penny

Aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Penny, but don't worry - its irritating that the government site hadn't removed the link to the old consultation form, but thats not your fault...

...well except it was reading your comments on so few CMers replying to the 1st consultation which made me feel so guilty that I decided to search for the EYFS topic (I normally only read General Chat - bit), find the link (eventually) and do the consultation.

I have to say I can see why not many people replied to the 1st one, it was quite lengthy and detailed and involved lots of flicking back and forwards between different documents. And that was after searching back and forth trying to find the right pages to read... grrrr! I think these organisations forget that the people they want to respond to these consultations don't spend their days reading these kinds of documents!

I did quite like the look of the new streamlined EYFS though - and I now know quite a bit about it - so its not a completely wasted day!

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just had a quick read of the document and think the Literacy and Math expectations are a bit much. But as I said it was a quick read, have saved it so I can have a proper look on a quiet day during our break.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i've just done the online form.

they ask if what they have written is understandable!!! not if we agree with what they have written! so i've just written in the boxes anyway! i agree math and literacy expectations are high ... but maybe thats not such a bad thing?

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    i've just done the online form.

they ask if what they have written is understandable!!! not if we agree with what they have written! so i've just written in the boxes anyway! i agree math and literacy expectations are high ... but maybe thats not such a bad thing?
    Thank you for persisting with this - and yes you are right most government forms are not straight forward. So will try in future to put more guidance on my posts on how to access and fill in (will work with Sarah707 on this - if she agrees)

The maths and literacy ones are still high - but a bit better than the first draft - the trouble is a lot more schools / teachers responded and so the government has taken their views as the majority view. However remember that the goals are for end of EYFS - not entry to school (often at just 4)

Make sure you let them know that the form is not easy to fill in and the language used not user friendly.

I have contacted NCMA to ask them to lobby Dfe to make the consultations more accessible and in a easy to use format - as this is case of an individual (like me) not having influence on DfE as a single voice - but that NCMA as a member organisation can.

Penny
    Last edited by Penny1959; 22-12-2011 at 05:04 AM.

Penny1959 Guest

Some people have messaged me to say they are having problems finding out how to register with DfE - as you have to do this - and then log in before you can fill in the consultation - I thought it would be helpful to have the link here to the page to register

http://www.education.gov.uk/consulta...title=Register

Some others are having difficulties finding the right document to read what the changes to the first draft revised EYFS are - and yes it takes some finding - so I am going to attach the PDF of the consultation form, to help with this.

Those that are interested but not sure if they have the time or even if they want to respond - can take a look before loging in

The feedback to the first consultation on the revised EYFS starts on pg 6

Then as you read further - you will find that there is information about all questions asked in first consultations and responses - and then the proposed changes.

Interesting reading - even if don't want to fill in the consultation.

Once you have read the information on the proposed changes to the first draft EYFS - you then need to log in - and then will be able to complete the actual online response

I hope that helps - sorry I did not post this yesterday - but my personal world fell apart yesterday - and what with some comments directed at me on here - it was a very difficult and emotional day yesterday to say the least.

Penny

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

oh penny, hope everything is ok, and thank you so much for all that you do on the forum and in the 'real' world for childminders.

big hugs xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here are some notes / thoughts about the Eyfs consultation which I hope you find useful.

You might find it helpful to read through them before you reply online.

Hth
    Last edited by sarah707; 04-05-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Penny1959 Guest

Thank you Sarah - another excellent document. (and thank you for acknowledging my input)

Please do take a look at Sarah's document - even if you don't want to respond to the consultation as it will help everyone to understand the changes being proposed.

The final revised EYFS will be launched in Spring - and as usual information will find its way to the forum.

Also I have just volunteered to be part of Ofsteds pilot inspections for the revised EYFS - and if they choose to visit me they will carry out a trail inspection under the revised EYFS and use the evidence gathered to help with the fine tuning for inspections once the revised EYFS is implemented in September 2012.

Even I think I am a bit mad volunteering as not due an inspection until Oct 2013 at the earliest - but it is an excellent way of finding out just what the new inspections will look like (don't forget the Ofsted are also doing some selected consulting on changes to inspections once revised EYFS comes in).

I don't think it will count as my 'real' inspection - at least I hope not - and certainly when I took part in the pilot inspections when Ofsted first took over it did not.

If I get choosen I will feedback to the forum - as everyone will benefit and have a head start on what the new inspections and the revised EYFS will be like.

Penny

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penny1959 View Post
    Also I have just volunteered to be part of Ofsteds pilot inspections for the revised EYFS - and if they choose to visit me they will carry out a trail inspection under the revised EYFS and use the evidence gathered to help with the fine tuning for inspections once the revised EYFS is implemented in September 2012.

Even I think I am a bit mad volunteering as not due an inspection until Oct 2013 at the earliest - but it is an excellent way of finding out just what the new inspections will look like (don't forget the Ofsted are also doing some selected consulting on changes to inspections once revised EYFS comes in).

I don't think it will count as my 'real' inspection - at least I hope not - and certainly when I took part in the pilot inspections when Ofsted first took over it did not.

If I get choosen I will feedback to the forum - as everyone will benefit and have a head start on what the new inspections and the revised EYFS will be like.

Penny
    MAD !!! but a BIG thank you!
    i was inspected just after EYFS came in ... have been awaiting a call since october 2011, i bet, knowing my luck ( and having been told outstanding childminders are being inspected after 4 years ), i'll have an inspection just as the NEW EYFS comes in !!! i'm going to need all the help i can to embrace it!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah, in depth as usual

Thanks Penny for bringing back any info to share, it will be invaluable to us, good luck in being a guinea pig for the new inspections, you are brave!

Loocyloo, we will all be here to help assuming we all understand it too
    Pauline x

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penny1959 View Post
    Thank you Sarah - another excellent document. (and thank you for acknowledging my input)

Please do take a look at Sarah's document - even if you don't want to respond to the consultation as it will help everyone to understand the changes being proposed.

The final revised EYFS will be launched in Spring - and as usual information will find its way to the forum.

Penny

We to have offered to be part of the pilot, we are also not due until 2013 (absolutely barking I know, )

Thank you Sarah and Penny for putting together the info for consulatation. It is on our to-do list for this week

Jun 08
    Post Thanks / Like

For some reason I'm unable to read any attachments including Sarah's which looks really useful. Any ideas please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast