Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please set my mind at rest!

Hiya everyone,

Please set my mind at rest! Ofsted will not want to see any paperwork relating to mindees who are related/family?

I have been working off this premise since I started and now my inspection is due soon im having a slight wobble!!

Thanks guys

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never known them to look into things like that, they like to see safe, fun practice. Make sure policy's and procedures are in place. Things like that.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you are childminding for family members and accepting money to care for them then you need to follow the Eyfs with them.

If you mean your own children then no, Ofsted don't want to see anything related to them.

Hth

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no really????

I thought as they were family ie my niece then they 'didn't count' as such...

oh sh*t....

june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

yes u must do paper work!!!!!!!! i look after my neice, i get paid so shes classed as a mindie, i have to follow eyfs with her, alougth ofsted did tell me they cnt mention her in my report they still wnt to c her folder!!! and all document u would have for anougther mindie

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh noooooooooo .....

How could I have got the wrong end of the stick????

My local council have alot to answer for

Will Ofsted really not be impressed with my faux pas?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Any child you care for as a childminder over two hours a day should have records obs etc and always included in your ratios.

Penny1959 Guest

When a friend of mine was inspected - one mindee was ill - leaving just a grand daughter present. My friend had all paperwork in place - but of course Ofsted would not inspect as only a relative present.

They came back on another day - and would ONLY look at paperwork for mindee not for grand daughter

So like most things it seems it depends on your inspector - and if they can;t inspect if only a relative present and won't mention in report - I would argue that they can't insist on paperwork being in place (double standards)

I would not panic - however must be included in numbers - same as own child would be.

Penny

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my first inspection in September and the inspector said she did not want to see my nephews files. I had his out with the others and she said they do not count family members as mindees.

It must depend on the inspector but I would challenge it if an inspector asked to see them.

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!!

I was starting to think i had just made this up?!

I will ring Ofsted tomorrow and see what they say and probably start just doing paperwork from tomorrow anyway as a matter of caution!

She has always counted in my numbers and I have all the info regarding emergency contacts, allergies, policies and permissions etc

Just not been doing formal obs, learning journey or daily diary!

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not get something written from the parents to say that they don't want a written daily diary etc - just to cover yourself

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

*Update*

I called Ofsted this morning and they confirmed that as I have other children as well as my neice that the inspector will NOT look at any of her paperwork!

and breathe.....

june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

twinkle toes........................... thanks for the update!!! did ofstead say if u have to Do the paper work or if they just dont wnna c it............ also wherebouts r u?? only ask as im in the same boat, got my inspection on fri spent countless hours bringing my paperwork up to date including my neices!!!!! lol i think im gnna cry if she wnt even look at it!!!!!!

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

The Ofsted woman said as she is family she is classed as exempt on the childcare register? Or something to that effect so they can't use any paperwork on them to inspect you with.... I have had a look for any 'formal' info regarding it but cant find anything.

I'd say if you have all your paperwork show her, she isn't forced to know she is related

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would get it from Ofsted in writing. A colleague came unstuck on her inspection when she didn't have the same style learning journey for all the children when one was a relative.

The inspector was most concerned that the child was not being treated equally and she had no evidence of equal opportunities / inclusion.

Hth

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there, I look after my 2 year old nephew and was led to believe that I did not need a learning journal for him as he is a relative. However I have always done a learning journal for him as i like to treat him (and his parents) the same since they pay me just like all the other parents.

I had my inspection last week and when she asked to see the learning journals I held my nephews one back saying 'oh you wont want to see that one, its my nephews one'. She asked 'are you paid to care for him?' I answered 'yes', she then said 'if you are paid to care for him then I will need to see that you are keeping a learning journal for him'.

june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

update i had my inspection and she included my neice in my onrole numbers, is mentioning her in my report and wanted to see all her paperwork, this was tribal dont no if that helps

june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

................... my inspector did coment it was nice that id included her like everyone else!!!!!

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I look after my grandson ,inspector looked at his arts/crafts ,pictures but not his permission forms,again depends on inspector no 2 are the same

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my inspection just over a month ago and the inspector only looked at non relative mindees info. I look after my neice and nephew and was told when I registered that although grandchildren, neice and nephews count in your numbers Ofsted will not look at their paperwork or LJ. I still do them as I like my relatives to be treated the same as the others and it keeps it on a professional level.