Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ideas please!!

Registered Childminder since
    May '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ideas please!!

I've currently got a 1yo, 2.5 yo and in 2012 will have a 10mo as well.

Feel I need to start doing some more exciting and interesting things with 2.5 yo now that she's settled in and likes coming here a lot according to mum and dad.

The thing I'm worrying about is activities that involve stuff that's small that may be ok for the 2.5yo, but a choking hazard to the other two.

I have just purchased a waterproof all in one for the 1yo and 2.5yo (will probably get one for the 10mo or ask him mum to get one before he starts) so that we can properly start using the garden as at the moment it's been difficult to do so as my 1yo is still crawling. However, in last week and half he's standing much much more and it would now be easy for him to join in with sand table/water play outside.

Can anyone give me their ideas for what I can do with them outside? Also what would be your top three outside toys (mini trampoline? slide??).

Also, I don't have a kitchen/home corner really - do you think I should get one as well????

xx

Post Thanks / Like

Mine are a really sturdy little tikes climbing frame and slide; lots of pushalong toys like prams, buggies and lawnmowers and a big tuf spot tray which we use for all sorts of things.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I put lots of small world activities out in a little tray for the older ones and remind them to keep the bits in the tray not on the floor where the little ones might be hurt. It's just a case of constant monitoring.

Hth

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Balls of different sizes/textures, sand pit and messy fun. I got a cheap plastic table from home base and they use that as a cooker for all of their messy fun creations. Buckets of water with paintbrushes for painting fences is always a winner.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I put up a travel cot in the garden I have a squared shape one and I fill it with balls like a ball pit but with high sides so no one can climb out and the smaller children love this
    I have also hidden shakers rubber ducks and other things to find in the balls
    hope this helps

May '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ja8estar View Post
    I put up a travel cot in the garden I have a squared shape one and I fill it with balls like a ball pit but with high sides so no one can climb out and the smaller children love this
    I have also hidden shakers rubber ducks and other things to find in the balls
    hope this helps
    That's a good idea - especially if we are doing an activity that's a bit boisterous. Good thinking!!!!

Penny1959 Guest

My 4 main shop brought 'outdoor' toys are the sand tray and the parachute, and the canal' water play system, and some trays on legs

I have small items such as hoops, bean bags, various balls, lenghts of pipes and tubes, jugs, buckets, big paint brushes, chalk, rope, stones, pebbles, pots - some with compost in them, seedtrays, small watering cans, stuff for making dens, pop up tunnels and tent, netting and ribbons for threading

I have things that can hang from fence - duplo board, ball number line, chalk board, mirror (props rather than hangs) - then just about anything else from inside that mindees want to take outside.

Penny