Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Crazygirl

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crazygirl

Hi
    I've just joined this forum so haven't got the hang of it yet! I'm struggling with linking my plans and observations to the Development Matters. Ive been a Childminder for years and keep changing how I do my paperwork. I'm interested on how other childminders record their paperwork. Thank you I look forward to my very first reply!

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstainding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Crazygirl,

I use the development matters grid (over 6 pages) from this site ... but I didn't want to read 'n run !

Liked another poster's idea of using different highlight colours for terms... can then clearly see where they're lacking - and what to plan for!

Think you need a few more posts before you can access the free downloads (but I'm no expert either !) I think that is where you can find it.

Best of luck!
    Nickyx
    Making the leap & returning to childminding - it's what I know & love

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my ofsted inspectiom on Monday and got told that isn't enough (because that too is what I have been doing).

You need to take lots of pictures (apparently) and link it to what they are currently doing and what the next steps would be, but keeping all of the wording the same as the statutory framework book

jun 79
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstandingb
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Nicky and welcome to the forum
    Sue x

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=PaulaF;967732]I had my ofsted inspectiom on Monday and got told that isn't enough (because that too is what I have been doing).

on its own, this wouldn't be enough and whoever supported you through setting up your childminding business should really have guided you better than this, which is a real shame. For me,tThese charts are only really useful to enable YOU to keep up to speed, at a glance, on where a child is in their learning- what you know they can do).
    next steps are crucial to the learning process and you really should have been made aware of this. without next steps you have no way of proving that you have reflected on a situation and then planned for the next stage of the child's learning journey.
    it's only early days though, you have plenty of time to practice what methods work for you before Mrs O comes back in 3 years time.