Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Evidence of children's work

Hi everyone,

I feel like I'm paniking over the slightest thing as my Ofsted visit is looming.

I have a quick question. Do Ofsted need to see actual evidence of the work children have done or can I photograph it and put in their file? Thing is my topic at the moment is 'All About Me' and we have printed out cut out the Funny Bones skeleton and connected all the 'bones' together to form a hanging skeleton if you know what I mean. However, mindee is so proud of it he wants to take it home - understandably - and show his mum and hang it in his room. But I just wondered do Ofsted actually need to see the real thing or is a photograph sufficient to prove that I am doing things!!!

Thanks in advance. x

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

hi,

ok what i do and got a good responce from ofsted is keep a scrapbook of our activities and outings... also a step by step photo's of some in a poster and these i show to new parents , children on role and ofsted so they can see what we have been up to.

also a small % of pictures and crafts etc goes in the chids file which ofsted would like to see.

any pictures and crafts stay in setting until end of theme or end of week so we display their hard work on the notice board before the next lot goes up and its nice to see the LO's point out their art work to parents when they are collected

dont worry as long as you have some work to show ofsted kk

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

For things that go home, I take a photo.

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I do a combination of things, some they take straight home, I take pics of some to go in ljs, some bits go straight in ljs.

DS2 often comes out of playgroup looking for his latest creation - and is always a bit disappointed when they say they have kept it to stick in his book

I think it is far nicer to have an excited child showing mum or dad what they have made.
    Grindal

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Andrea - Do you have just one scrapbook and put all mindees photos/art work in ect?
    Crazy Crackers

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

a photo should do. in fact, children are just as proud of a tower they have built with duplo but we can't keep it up forever can we? i take a photo of these things too and put it not only in their journal but on my digital photo frame too. i also copy all photos to a disc and have it playing on the dvd player during the ofsted inspection.

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, i photograph or copy the work on my printer and make it into a observation as i would a pic of him walking. then all goes in the parent folder/learning journey x