How do you display your childrens profilee etc
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you display your childrens profilee etc

HI I am busy compiling all my observations and photos and notes etc on the children I care for. I am not really sure how to set them all out so that if I were to be inspected it would all make sense and show how i use them for my planning. I have been a bit slack and disorganised but have had another baby and so now on a mission to sort it all out. Thanks for any suggestions.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How do you display your childrens profilee etc

I have a folder for each child(learning journey) which is like a diary of photo's, My Obs and next steps(individual child planning) with some of their art work too. I send it home with the parents every two weeks for written feedback at the bottom of each Obs. You have to find a way that works for you ie, scrapbook, folder.... and build up a lovely evidence based learning journey for Ofsted and the parents to see.

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

hi i use a A4 ring file and have it in sections
    1) All about me
    2) the wider context (outside agencies or other settings)
    3)Learning journey,,,obs sheets with next steps, pictures , certificates,,

be carefull not all parents will return your hard work so i keep mine in my setting and if a parent has time they are free to look at it and comment remember this is your work and evidance for ofsted parents feed bk is gr8 if you can get it too.. all this info once the child turns 3yrs old will go into the pre-school profile pk which goes onto his/her school

hope that helps xxx

aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

thats one thing im afraid of-if parents loose it!!!! then your left with nothing!!!! but then again at inspection they are looking to see that parents are involved in it all so really have to just take the risk i suppose xx
    x x

FEB09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea08 View Post
    hi i use a A4 ring file and have it in sections
    1) All about me
    2) the wider context (outside agencies or other settings)
    3)Learning journey,,,obs sheets with next steps, pictures , certificates,,

be carefull not all parents will return your hard work so i keep mine in my setting and if a parent has time they are free to look at it and comment remember this is your work and evidance for ofsted parents feed bk is gr8 if you can get it too.. all this info once the child turns 3yrs old will go into the pre-school profile pk which goes onto his/her school

hope that helps xxx
    I'm exactly the same, it is great to hear that someone else sets theirs out the same. My observations are in date order rather than EYFS order, which is sometimes tricky to track what happened when. I scan their work onto a folder on my computer before I hand to parents for comments and just hope I will get the original back, if they lose it then at least I will have something to print out and start again with. It takes a while to scan everything but I only do it once every 3 months for parents comments.
    Sandy
    xx

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Good idea scanning it onto computer. I worry all the time the parents have it nice to share but hard to replace.

July 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: How do you display your childrens profilee etc

A Big thanks to all your replys (Took me a while to respond as been off ill). It is my aim to get organised this weekend. Thanks.

Feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello,
    I have all mine in an A4 file (only look after one child). I have it in date order and include my monthly planning for the child. Just wondered how exactly the parents make their comments. Do you provide your feedback form and include that in the child's file? I have feedback forms separate but would it be a good idea to keep everything together?
    Thanks
    Mrs.M x