SEF???????????
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: SEF???????????

Post Thanks / Like

Default SEF???????????

Hi everyone!

I keep seeing people talking about SEF but i have not heard anything of this at all, I know it is a self assessment form but where would i fill it in etc....?
    Im lost should i have had something through the post about this

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Registered Childminder since
    Registe
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SEF???????????

I think qite a few people have recieved letters about this but others are still waiting.

You have to fill it in online (info on this in letter.

There was a post from Sarah last week i think offering lot's of usefull help on how to fill it in too.

Sorry not much help....

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You should have had a letter from Ofsted ... it would have contained your copy of 'are you ready for your inspection?', a new poster for your wall and a letter about your government gateway log in.

The log in is for your SEF, which is now online and waiting for you to answer.

I suggest if you haven't got anything yet, you should give Ofsted a ring and ask for it to be re-sent.

Hope this helps

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well ladies I have made a start on my SEF , Im trying really hard to stay positive . Now I dont want you to think I have completed it because I 'm no where near that. My problem is : I have filled in some of the questions and I found that not too bad, but in the boxes under these headings it says "On the Basis of your Evaluation what are your priorities for improvement Now dont get me wrong it's not that I dont need to improve I do, but my brain has gone to mush and I m well and truely stumped , apart from in the odd box I have put "source training", renew policies as required etc etc I have not got a clue what to put in these boxes

Hope this is in the correct area ? If not please feel free to move it .
    Any ideas will be greatly received
    June

Feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem. It's very difficult when you're trying to show to Ofsted that you're great at what you do (!) and at the same time write where you need to improve. A lot of the time I put things like continue with training courses, continue to do such and such, ensure I communicate with parents and take on board their comments etc. I didn't do it all in one go and eventually I managed to get all the pages completed.
    Good luck!
    Mrs.M x

mar oo
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is if we know what we need to do to improve our buisness we would do it anyway .I cant see anyone going oh i must do such and such and then not doing it asap so its hard. I am rubbish at selling myself so i will have real difficulties when it comes to filling it in. thats if i ever get to fill it in!!!!

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Girls glad it not just me that feels this way I will crack on and try and get it done so that its another job off my list
    At least the All about Me Books are up and running Long term plans in place Tax Return will be posted in the morning so hopefully I will be able to have a sound sleep soon

April06
    Post Thanks / Like

I've started looking at my form and filling in the easier questions, but I'm not too good at selling myself, oh well hopefullly we will have either a long time to complete the form or we will have loads of training to help us sell ourselves before we need to have completed it in time for ofsted to visit us.
    Mandy