Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking REREGISTERING TO BE AN EYFS REGISTERED CHILDCARE PROVIDER

Hi guys,

I've been a registered childminder for a while now (since 2009), but I resigned from being an EYFS childcare provider in 2013 simply due to the fact that I wasn't looking after any children in that category and hadn't been for a while. Since then, I've had many new opportunities of caring for children in the EYFS range but I've had to decline for obvious reasons. I would like to re-register to become an EYFS childcare provider (because I do regret resigning) but I was wondering how I would do that. Would it be necessary for me to redo the courses etc and how long do you guys think it would take?

Any help would be much appreciated x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you'd need to start from scratch- best phone Ofsted or your LA EY team and check if your qualification is still valid. You, and you family over 16, would need new DBSs anyway, and you'd need new medical declaration as it has been so long, your first aid may be expired by now? So, pretty much starting from scratch anyway. I hope it goes well for you.

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    I think you'd need to start from scratch- best phone Ofsted or your LA EY team and check if your qualification is still valid. You, and you family over 16, would need new DBSs anyway, and you'd need new medical declaration as it has been so long, your first aid may be expired by now? So, pretty much starting from scratch anyway. I hope it goes well for you.
    Thanks for the help Moggy! Do you know how long it would take for me to redo the courses etc.? X

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CHILD_MINDER_ View Post
    Thanks for the help Moggy! Do you know how long it would take for me to redo the courses etc.? X
    Depends if you need to do the home based childcare course and how you do it- online or face-to-face (like at a local college maybe?). DBSs can take some time... social services checks too... as long a s a piece of string these things can be! And when can you get yourself on a local 12-hr paediatric first aid course (they don't run that often so you need to book up on one) etc. Will be months though, not weeks. I think people allow about 6mths to get registered, but depends how much time you need

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    Depends if you need to do the home based childcare course and how you do it- online or face-to-face (like at a local college maybe?). DBSs can take some time... social services checks too... as long a s a piece of string these things can be! And when can you get yourself on a local 12-hr paediatric first aid course (they don't run that often so you need to book up on one) etc. Will be months though, not weeks. I think people allow about 6mths to get registered, but depends how much time you need
    Thanks Moggy, I have in fact already completed the Home Based Childcare Course and have recently completed a Paediatric First Aid Course. Looks like all I need to do is get a DBS check and a Social Services check. Thanks for all your help Moggy, it's been greatly appreciated x