Age appropriate toys
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Age appropriate toys

Hi all, I have my inspection next week and I'm sorting out activities for a 19 month child. I'm doing a tray with lentils, an area for playdough, hidden bugs and pouring opportunities.

It's probably a silly question but the bugs aren't suitable for his age however he is very inquisitive and will get a lot from this activity. I'll obviously be supervising the whole time should he put them in his mouth etc. Will Ofsted mark me down for this as technically they are age 3+?

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I wouldn't have thought so- you will be closely supervising at all times. The playdough and lentils could pose a risk too but you assess that risk and supervise. Don't over think things! Good luck in the inspection.

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Most toys say over 36 months. I tend to use my common sense and what i know about the child ad to what toys i allow. Same with i leave the coal out every day but tge day this one child comes as he likes to eat it.

Feb 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, slight panic stations as its my first inspection :-/ I'll be kind of glad it's going to be out of the way though!