Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ear infection and to tonsillitis

Hi all

Quick question, just found out through fb that my Lo has the above. No word from mum to tell me so I contacted her, Lo is with me tomorrow however didn't sleep last night and only just been given meds by doc. I know it's not on the infections list but would of thought it was reasonable to keep him home at least tomoz so meds can really take hold. Mum was fine with him coming until I mentioned I don't really want my 5 kids down with it and that the last place he'd like to be is at mine I imagine.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

Were now on let's see how he is tonight.

Thanks emma

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How old is the little one?

My DD used to get ear infections and tonsillitis and there was no way she could have gone to nursery/childminder. Does the little one have a temperature? Some children get really high temps with these with these infections, as well as vomiting. DD was terrible for vomiting until the anti biotics kicked in. Personally I wouldn't have expected anyone other than close family to look after her, and even then not if they had other children to look after.
    Mum needs to know that you are not a nanny (said politely, of course) and cannot care for a sick child at the expense of the others. Poor little one will just want to be at home.

I wouldn't want him to come until his temperature is under control and he has not vomited for a certain amount of time. Is the little one able to drink water?

Let us know how you get on.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

It may not be on the list to keep child away when they have this but, it is your business so it's up to you to choose. I wouldn't want a child with tonsillitis spreading it to my other mindee's . And they may feel rotten with it so why send the child?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    I know it's a bit late, but my LO has just had bacterial tonsillitis and this requires antibiotics and the dr said he's contagious for 24/48 hours. I would amend your list of exclusion periods for bacterial tonsillitis.