2 year review/progress check do i need to do one?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 year review/progress check do i need to do one?

Hi all,

I am looking for a little help, the little one I took on board last October had a 2 year review completed by her last minder. My question is do I need to do it too? I have asked parents for a copy for my records, but they cannot find it. I was thinking maybe write a note saying parents are happy it was completed, they cannot find it and are happy it does not need to be done again, then get them to sign and date for Little ones file?

Is this Ok or a big no no?

This is my very first EYFS mindee so its all a jumble to me!

Many thanks Emma.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emmas View Post
    Hi all,

I am looking for a little help, the little one I took on board last October had a 2 year review completed by her last minder. My question is do I need to do it too? I have asked parents for a copy for my records, but they cannot find it. I was thinking maybe write a note saying parents are happy it was completed, they cannot find it and are happy it does not need to be done again, then get them to sign and date for Little ones file?

Is this Ok or a big no no?

This is my very first EYFS mindee so its all a jumble to me!

Many thanks Emma.
    Exactly how old is the child?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moh View Post
    Exactly how old is the child?
    3 in April.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emmas View Post
    3 in April.
    I would do one, it wouldn't do any harm and it's best to have one on file.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Has she had her HV check yet?

The idea of the 2 year review is to share information with the Health Visitor, so if she hasn't had an appointment yet I would do a 2 year progress check.

If she's already had the HV check I would just make sure I had an initial assessment/starting point document on file along with a note saying she has already had a progress check done by her previous childminder and has already been seen by the HV.

Have you had any sort of transition form from the previous cm? Is it someone you know? Do you think you could get a copy from them?

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you do any 'mini reports' as a matter of course? One could double up as a 2 year check. Do you maybe do a little report to record their 'starting points'?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

My 2 year progress check is exactly the same as the 6 monthly progress reviews I write anyway and often doubles up as both around when they turn 2. I write a few sentences about where they are and what they're doing and how they've progressed in each area of learning then a sentence for a next step in each area.
    Ofsted were happy with it, no hv has looked at it yet, they're never bothered but parents take them along anyway, I've never had any concerns so maybe would be given more attention if there was a problem. I share care with a nursery for one child and did his report when he turned 2 last March as he had his check with hv then, the nursery have just done one for him this Jan...so kind of pointless as hv won't see it but they probably need to show they've done it if Ofsted ask, so probably best to write a short report and just have it as a progress report/2 year check in file

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes that sounds like what I had read about thank you, I'll call my LA in the week and see, mum has had a big questionnaire and has a meeting with hv and hadn't heard anything about me having to go too so I assume a report will suffice but will check anyway, thank you!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your advice everybody. The parents are going to look for her review for me to put on file, if they find it that will be great, but after thinking about it I wonder if I just do another, maybe that would look better for ofsted.

Just trying to keep my workload minimal, with 3 kids of my own 5,3,2 and mindee I just struggle to find the time!

Thanks