Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Blogs, blogs and more blogs!!

Good evening all,

I know that I am not on here that much (more of a lurker) as still awaiting my first graded inspection and always seem to be busy 'preparing' especially with all the changes.

I like to read blogs that are interesting on the early years that help me to think about my practice and how I can improve upon what I am doing.

I like the one Alistair Bryce Clegg and recently came across Claire's Little Tots.

Just wanted to start a thread if anyone was interested in recommending any blogs they found interesting, useful as hoping to expand!

Many thanks.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggle Wiggle View Post
    Good evening all,

I know that I am not on here that much (more of a lurker) as still awaiting my first graded inspection and always seem to be busy 'preparing' especially with all the changes.

I like to read blogs that are interesting on the early years that help me to think about my practice and how I can improve upon what I am doing.

I like the one Alistair Bryce Clegg and recently came across Claire's Little Tots.

Just wanted to start a thread if anyone was interested in recommending any blogs they found interesting, useful as hoping to expand!

Many thanks.
    What's in a blog?
    There are so many bloggers...some ok.... many just not inspiring but still worth reading.
    I like to read blogs that challenge and let me think 'outside the box'

Try Sue Cowley's 'Freeing the angel'
    https://suecowley.wordpress.com/

Or
    Sir Ken Robinson
    Ken Robinson: Do schools kill creativity? | TED Talk | TED.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh ive seen Clare's little tots blog. I can't work out how much she's doing with her mindees though as most posts seem to just feature her daughter georgia.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Yeh ive seen Clare's little tots blog. I can't work out how much she's doing with her mindees though as most posts seem to just feature her daughter georgia.
    Would you be so kind as to post the link for the blog you are referring to Mumofone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Would you be so kind as to post the link for the blog you are referring to Mumofone
    It's "Clare's little tots" - you can get it on blog loving or she's got a website by the same name

Simona Guest

I would not have asked for a link had I been able to locate it myself....Mumofone.
    We all support each other by posting links whenever we can...we post lots for you

I have now found it and here is a the link for those interested in this thread.
    Clare's Little Tots - Ofsted registered Childminder | Rothwell Leeds

Do you find her blog useful?

Post Thanks / Like

I would not have asked for a link had I been able to locate it myself....Mumofone. We all support each other by posting links whenever we can...we post lots for you I have now found it and here is a the link for those interested in this thread. Clare's Little Tots - Ofsted registered Childminder | Rothwell Leeds Do you find her blog useful?
    Simona don't you dare be so rude to me. I am constantly told on here to "Google" for myself. I didn't post the link because I'm on my phone and I can't. I don't know if some things get lost in translation with you but you are quite often very rude and blunt and I don't appreciate it.

Simona Guest

Simona don't you dare be so rude to me. I am constantly told on here to "Google" for myself. I didn't post the link because I'm on my phone and I can't. I don't know if some things get lost in translation with you but you are quite often very rude and blunt and I don't appreciate it.
    I am not rude nor blunt but factual
    All I said I had been 'unable' to locate the link
    Now I have done so I have also shared it for others to take a look.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not rude nor blunt but factual All I said I had been 'unable' to locate the link Now I have done so I have also shared it for others to take a look.
    You just had a go at me for not sharing a link like I was purposefully trying not to help others...pathetic accusation.

Simona Guest

You just had a go at me for not sharing a link like I was purposefully trying not to help others...pathetic accusation.
    Please read my response to you...I did not accuse you of anything
    I Just asked for a link which I had not been able to find

I do appreciate what you are saying by allowing others to do their own research but I explained clearly why I asked.

There were also 2 previous comments in this thread were other cms had posted links...one to Teacher Tom and 2 additional ones.
    When I found the link I posted it...not sure why that is wrong?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would not have asked for a link had I been able to locate it myself....Mumofone.
    We all support each other by posting links whenever we can...we post lots for you

I have now found it and here is a the link for those interested in this thread.
    Clare's Little Tots - Ofsted registered Childminder | Rothwell Leeds

Do you find her blog useful?
    Thanks Simona, looks interesting.

I like the way she has linked areas of learning to activities, always useful as a reminder :0)

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Thanks Simona, looks interesting.

I like the way she has linked areas of learning to activities, always useful as a reminder :0)
    I really like it...it is a blog with a difference
    Great pictures of children cooking and their 'end products' look like the children have made them!
    I also liked her stressing her practice is 'child led'.
    Good luck to her ...I hope she continues with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I would not have asked for a link had I been able to locate it myself....Mumofone. We all support each other by posting links whenever we can...we post lots for you I have now found it and here is a the link for those interested in this thread. Clare's Little Tots - Ofsted registered Childminder | Rothwell Leeds Do you find her blog useful?
    I told you where it was located. I wasn't able to link to it from my phone. There was no need to be so snotty towards me pointing out that you all help me AS IF I wasn't trying to help you.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://www.learnplayimagine.com/#

I found this the other day and like what i see, but haven't had a big look round.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not rude nor blunt but factual All I said I had been 'unable' to locate the link Now I have done so I have also shared it for others to take a look.
    Yes and then sarcastically added that "we all do for you". Why are you now backtracking after your vicious comment? I wasn't not putting the link up on purpose I wasn't doing it because I can't from my phone

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Right ladies do you think that now we could keep all comments on this thread relating to Wiggle Wiggle question concerning blogs.

Our poor member wont want to post again if its just going to turn into an argument.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Right ladies do you think that now we could keep all comments on this thread relating to Wiggle Wiggle question concerning blogs.

Our poor member wont want to post again if its just going to turn into an argument.
    there is proof we have continued with the thread focus by responding appropriately on a few occasions and ignored insults and name calling.
    Personal attacks should not be allowed in this forum...fair is fair to any member....let's not lecture those who are willing to keep this forum for what it is 'sharing information' and on a professional level.

Your 'poor' members are free to post and add to what is a very interesting thread

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I like ABCdoes and teacher tom is a recent addition to my favourites bar.
    play based inquiry: Our third teacher.... the learning environment (Outdoors)) is worth a look

Simona Guest

Here is another interesting one by Sue Atkins...the parenting coach

Sue's Blog | Sue Atkins Parenting Expert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast