Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default After school care - am I wrong?

Hi All,

I am newly registered got my certificate today! I have an after school child of 5 in reception class possibly starting next week. I am in a total panic about what I am required to do, I am sure I do not need to follow EYFS and all the relevant obs, next steps etc... as that is being done at school, am I right? I am worried I have this wrong? what is required of me for a child this age? once they are at school am I classed as caring for them on the compulsory childcare register?
    Thanks so much if you can help, it all seems so scary all of a sudden, and I am doubting myself, don't want to make any terrible errors!

Many thanks
    Emma.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there!

Congratulations on your registration! It is a bit scary, I'm 9 months in now so I have defo been in your shoes.

Do you have the latest 'statutory framework for early years foundation stage' it's useful to have as has this kind of thing in it. You can print it off of the Ofsted website. It's about 30 odd pages but my ofsted assessor advised me to have it and put it in a folder. And also 'early years outcomes'

But if the child is in full time school then no you do not need to carry out observations on them.

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Also I have just found these-they may help

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...for-inspectors

Post Thanks / Like

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emmas View Post
    Hi All,

I am newly registered got my certificate today! I have an after school child of 5 in reception class possibly starting next week. I am in a total panic about what I am required to do, I am sure I do not need to follow EYFS and all the relevant obs, next steps etc... as that is being done at school, am I right? I am worried I have this wrong? what is required of me for a child this age? once they are at school am I classed as caring for them on the compulsory childcare register?
    Thanks so much if you can help, it all seems so scary all of a sudden, and I am doubting myself, don't want to make any terrible errors!

Many thanks
    Emma.
    Child is in full time school, so you are offering 'wrap around care', just keep in touch with the school ('working together') and that is all that is needed. Child is under EYFS rules still until end of Reception Year but not counted in your EYFS numbers as is at full-time school (so you can have 3 other little ones plus this full-time-school child)