Likes Likes:  29
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

DfE feel they have clarified British Values ... Fundamental British Values in the Early Years | From pregnancy to children aged 5

I think it's the best explanation / detail we are going to get!

I am interested to see what they will include in the revised inspection schedules for the common inspection framework which are due in June....

2. Likes FloraDora, greenfaerie liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks! I think!

Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I do like the document that Sarah linked to as it is a wonderful way to show evidence of encouraging "British Values" in a way we are already doing through the EYFS. (Which I actually really enjoy working with) I'm pretty sure that I'll print it at some point as evidence of BV, as it is a great document to have to hand.

I think the key with this issue is balance, it's great to be proud of your cultural heritage and of what this nation has achieved. I just don't want that to come at the cost of sending a message that my culture is better than anyone else's. My favourite part of the EYFS was how inclusive it was and any shift away from that makes me nervous. I eagerly await any new information about this topic. Who knows, maybe I'm just opposed to change?

5. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greenfaerie View Post
    I do like the document that Sarah linked to as it is a wonderful way to show evidence of encouraging "British Values" in a way we are already doing through the EYFS. (Which I actually really enjoy working with) I'm pretty sure that I'll print it at some point as evidence of BV, as it is a great document to have to hand. I think the key with this issue is balance, it's great to be proud of your cultural heritage and of what this nation has achieved. I just don't want that to come at the cost of sending a message that my culture is better than anyone else's. My favourite part of the EYFS was how inclusive it was and any shift away from that makes me nervous. I eagerly await any new information about this topic. Who knows, maybe I'm just opposed to change?
    I've got to agree, it does feel a little like we are stepping back in time. I like a diverse society and some of the things we are reading and seeing feels like we are pulling away from that, and it makes me feel uncomfortable. I love a good Sunday roast but I also love food from all countries and cultures and I like that we are so lucky to have so much choice available. I also agree that a lot of what is being promoted as "British" eg: "we understand right from wrong", "we try to help others" is not just British, it's how most of the world try to live.

7. Likes greenfaerie, loocyloo liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by natlou82 View Post
    I've got to agree, it does feel a little like we are stepping back in time. I like a diverse society and some of the things we are reading and seeing feels like we are pulling away from that, and it makes me feel uncomfortable. I love a good Sunday roast but I also love food from all countries and cultures and I like that we are so lucky to have so much choice available. I also agree that a lot of what is being promoted as "British" eg: "we understand right from wrong", "we try to help others" is not just British, it's how most of the world try to live.
    I agree with you...those values have been taught for years in EY by providers from different cultures and religions who abide to them.
    We have taught children of different cultures too via PSED in EYFS and well before that.
    They are universal values ...maybe the proper name for them should be 'shared values' so they apply to all in a decent society.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12