Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Soiled nappies

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Soiled nappies

How many soiled nappies should a child have daily. We have a child arrives at 10 leaves at 5 and can fill 4 nappies easily and be quite full. The child is not ill, although he has a lot of fruit in lunch box. He also has a sore bottom and not sure if I should talk to his mum. They think its ok. Am I being over anxious? Please help

Registered Childminder since
    July 13
    Post Thanks / Like

How old is the child?
    I had a 14 month old who did this and she was diagnosed with Toddler Diarrhoea. Sometimes caused by not having enough fat in their diet. I was told she'd grow out of it and she's now 18 months old and has 1/2 dirty nappies a day.
    Originally she'd have 4/5 dirty nappies that were very loose between 9am to 5pm. She was 10 months old when she started with me so I insisted mum get docs to investigate in the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Both of the babies I take care of 15 and 17 months have typically 1-2 soiled so I think it's definitely worth checking out as previous poster said. I agree it's probably diet related.