EYFS for one offs / school holidays ?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default EYFS for one offs / school holidays ?

I have just recently registered (yesterday actually) and i am in discussion with a parent who wants me to look after her daughter a couple of days over the xmas hols. Im unsure as to whether i will still have to start a LJ and recording learning and development? for 2 days?

What would you do?

Post Thanks / Like

If little one is EYFS age I believe you would still have to evidence you are following the EYFS but obviously you might not evidence much within 2 days, from your other post you said LO may attend AdHoc sessions aswell so you can just keep adding evidence each time you see them. I'm not 100% sure on this though so it would be great to hear others views :-)

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this 2 days of care total? No further care required? So, just a 'one off'?

If the child is at full-time school (reception year or older) then no, none is required anyway except to work with the school.

If the child is EYFS age (not at full-time school) then EYFS learning and development is relevant... but I would not do any thing for 2 days of care- it will just be a case of settling the child and getting to know them.

If these 2 days of care are going to lead to more days in future then you might want to start a scrap book etc and slowly add to it over the months.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The child will still be settling in really so I wouldn't do any LJ. I do an early tracker within 6 weeks of a child starting as it can take a while to get to know the child to see where they are so 2 days you'll have no chance.

I would just make sure they are happy and settled if they do come again you can start to put something together but if its just 2 days I wouldn't do anything paperwork wise
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cazza30 View Post
    I have just recently registered (yesterday actually) and i am in discussion with a parent who wants me to look after her daughter a couple of days over the xmas hols. Im unsure as to whether i will still have to start a LJ and recording learning and development? for 2 days?

What would you do?
    It will depend on the age of the child...if she goes to school and you are just doing holiday care for 2 days and then holiday at times in future?

As you ask about recording L&D the child maybe one under EYFS requirement?...LJ can be in any form or shape....a quick summary of the 2 days will do and you can give it any name you want.

Nov 14
    Post Thanks / Like

This is really helpful thank you, she's 18months so I guess just informing mum of what she's done during the day and nappy changes etc should be sufficient. I'm going to give her an open sort of contract in the hope I'll get some more ad hoc care about n the future - but thats my next question, can I use a pacey contract for this and add that's it's an ad hoc care as and when I have days available? Or does this sort of void the contract if I'm changing it??

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cazza30 View Post
    This is really helpful thank you, she's 18months so I guess just informing mum of what she's done during the day and nappy changes etc should be sufficient. I'm going to give her an open sort of contract in the hope I'll get some more ad hoc care about n the future - but thats my next question, can I use a pacey contract for this and add that's it's an ad hoc care as and when I have days available? Or does this sort of void the contract if I'm changing it??
    Yes I think that would be fine...just do a short summary of her day and keep a copy for yourself which you can use if the child comes back to you.

If mum wants to use you again do a wraparound care contract only if the child comes during the holidays
    make sure you are clear she is actually contracted during the holidays or is it 'as needed'....that makes a difference to payments and Terms and Conditions

Does Pacey contract have these requirements covered?...when I used them they were a bit poor on detail....maybe they have updated them now.

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

You are right Simona the Pacey contracts are poor in this area so I write the details on re holidays etc.