Some good news...finally...from China
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Some good news...finally...from China

Well ladies (and gentlemen) it's finally happening. The school where I work transferred me to a different branch with a staff that's willing to "do it EYFS way"...well...not entirely...and not even for an entire morning or afternoon. HOWEVER!
    There are definitely some differences at this branch.
    A. I've been asked to do EYFS trainings for the Chinese staff every week
    B. Some changes I'm making personally ,like real objects for various learning areas: real pans in the play kitchen, real-dead cell phones etc... are not being blithely removed by the Ayi.
    C. The kids are being permitted (at least while I'm there) to go crazy engaging in things like marking making, experimentation etc...I even brought in a load of cut boards of many sizes and they actually backed off when I said "rough outdoor provision"

I have several anecdotes but I think the most telling is, one of our youngest girls loves mark making...loves it...loves it...loves it....and since I've got my "EYFS time" she's begun mark making in ways she never did/could/was permitted before. The other day, she went through several sheets of paper before deciding that that medium had grown dull so she went into the kitchen area and began removing the plastic cups and plates...she then took the plates back into the mark making area and proceeded to paint them...if the teachers were horrified (as I expected) they kept it to themselves and allowed the little girl to continue.

ClayAndPaint.jpg
    Investig222.jpg
    KidsAndBoards.jpg

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant news! You are making such a difference there.....well done, such progress

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats fantastic news! So glad you are able to offer the children something new. I'm sure in time the other staff will begin to see the positives too.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds great. Well done for your perseverance.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

congratulations - and lucky lucky children to have you on their side Hopefully when everyone sees the progress the children will make you'll get even more ''eyfs time''. Whats an 'ayi' ?

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like

Default ayi

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    congratulations - and lucky lucky children to have you on their side Hopefully when everyone sees the progress the children will make you'll get even more ''eyfs time''. Whats an 'ayi' ?
    In Chinese "ayi" means "Aunty" this applies to a wide variety of situations
    Ayi..is any woman (if you are an adult) that's older than you (calling them NaiNai (grandma) is rude)
    Ayi is your actual aunt.
    Ayi is your maid.
    Ayi is (in this case) the woman hired to do the cleaning and prep for a specific classroom...usually with a "destroy children and all their individuality attitude)

9. Likes Ripeberry, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I just love the faces on those two children in the outdoor area! They look so happy and engaged. Well done you. Please keep us updated, I'm loving what you're doing. x