Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Help

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help

I guys I think I'm going mad. In the development matter aged 8-20months for mathematics shape space and measure one of the points is recognises big things and little things in meaningful contexts. I think I am going mad I have asked on two different CM groups about what to observe for a little one of this age to achieve and no one is replying. Does no one look for this or am I imagining this point!?!?
    Tia from a very confused flying around in little circles hummingbird x

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This is things like - pointing out a big bucket or small ball- bringing you the correct ones when asked. Drawing round hands and noticing it is big or little etc.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks samb don't think lo will reach this one x

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How about when playing with bricks and tries to make larger brick balance on top and it falls off so they try a smaller one... Or stacking cups or rings used correctly, posting things in holes- can even make something to try this out.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird2014 View Post
    I guys I think I'm going mad. In the development matter aged 8-20months for mathematics shape space and measure one of the points is recognises big things and little things in meaningful contexts. I think I am going mad I have asked on two different CM groups about what to observe for a little one of this age to achieve and no one is replying. Does no one look for this or am I imagining this point!?!?
    Tia from a very confused flying around in little circles hummingbird x
    If you look across at Positive Relationships for that age range in DM it prompts you on what to provide in the environment...the age range is broad so adapt the resources...treasure baskets are very good for babies but as the child becomes mobile throwing a ball and catching it is more your goal

That particular step is also seen in PSED and PD...so look across the 3 Prime areas and you will see the learning will overlap or overarch
    If you concentrate on the 3 Prime areas for that age you will find that the other 4 just slot easily in

Good luck