Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default EYFS and after school care

Hi

I am a new childminder and despite being registered on eyfs I have not yet looked after a child falling in to that age range so never completed an all about me, learning journal etc.

I only provide after school care and am about to take on a 4 year old reception child in October for 2 afternoons a week. I know that the L&D requirements under eyfs 2014 have reduced for after school providers, but Im really not clear on exactly what level of planning, l&d, record keeping etc is required if me.

Any advice appreciated

many thanks

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Once children are in full time 10 sessions a week school we no longer need to deliver the learning and development requirements of the Eyfs.

We must speak to parents and teacher and work togehter to ensure we complement their learning elsewhere ...

for cms that normally means reading books, doing a bit of homework if there is time and chilling

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Once children are in full time 10 sessions a week school we no longer need to deliver the learning and development requirements of the Eyfs.

We must speak to parents and teacher and work togehter to ensure we complement their learning elsewhere ...

for cms that normally means reading books, doing a bit of homework if there is time and chilling
    thank you for the reply. Thats pretty much what I thought but felt like i was missing something!

4. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Aug 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where?

Quote Originally Posted by KerryMaria View Post
    thank you for the reply. Thats pretty much what I thought but felt like i was missing something!
    Hi, where does it actually state that we do not need to complete the EYFS with reception children? Which document is this information in? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

hi just a question I do nursery drop off and pick up have the 3yr old 7.30 - 9.15 the pick up at 3.15 then mum get him at five xx would I still need to do some eyfs with him ???

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hollygolightly View Post
    Hi, where does it actually state that we do not need to complete the EYFS with reception children? Which document is this information in? Thanks.
    Clause 3.40 in EYFS states it clearly

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sassy80 View Post
    hi just a question I do nursery drop off and pick up have the 3yr old 7.30 - 9.15 the pick up at 3.15 then mum get him at five xx would I still need to do some eyfs with him ???
    You would need to do follow the EYFS, do occasional obs and communicate with nursery.