Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    21Dec11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 year progress report

I'm needing to do my first 2 years progress check on a little boy I mind. I have had a look through the booklet and find it really daunting. Does anyone have any tips or fools guide I can follow please? X

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of us write a progress summary 2-3 times a year anyway and this is no different to that, except you write '2 year check' as the title and give the parents a copy.

Just need a paragraph or two per Prime Area of Learning, write a bit about what child can do, what they are starting to do and what you are helping them to move towards. Look at Dev Matters or EY Outcomes and check if the child is fitting in the right stage for their age- You need to note any areas of concern where they are falling behind and look at how you can support them.

That is it really. Whole thing should fit on an A4, one side. It is nice to get some parent input before hand and include it- so tell parents you are doing it soon and ask them what they have noticed child is doing now etc, I give parents a blank form to fill in with their input.

Sit with the parents, read through the 2 Year Check together. Both sign 3 copies- one for you to keep, one for parents to keep, one for parents to give to Health Visitor (if possible, not compulsory).

21Dec11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you moggy for the advice. I already do the parent questionnaires and have just had feedback from mum as to what the kids like to do after been off for the last six weeks which will go some way towards the report ☺