What we need to give parents regarding the eyfs
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    june 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What we need to give parents regarding the eyfs

Hi I have just had a new set of parents start with me , i have issued them the eyfs parent guide found in the free resources . I have heard people saying about informing parents of the changes for 2014 but seeing as though it is an uptodate guide am i covered or do i need to do anything else? Many thanksxx

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by claire85 View Post
    Hi I have just had a new set of parents start with me , i have issued them the eyfs parent guide found in the free resources . I have heard people saying about informing parents of the changes for 2014 but seeing as though it is an uptodate guide am i covered or do i need to do anything else? Many thanksxx
    Unfortunately Ofsted have updated many of the guidance to providers giving very little notice
    The updates do make a difference and many policies will need tweaking such as SEN...there are also changes to inspections

The changes for EYFS 2014 were made public a while back so we have had plenty of time to adjust to those

You will need to plough through the Ofsted updates and see where you need to update your current information for parents
    Good luck

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

IIWY I'd convey the following information by your preferred means of communication (e.g.newsletter or whatever) :-

• provide parents with the EYFS guide to which you refer;
    • inform them it is ever so slightly out of date due to recent changes, but the bulk of the information therein remains accurate and useful;
    • tell them you'll provide an updated version when available;
    • refer them to the Ofsted website and phone number for more information and where they can download their very own copy of EYFS (yeah, right, like so many parents want this, they're going to crash the Ofsted site I don't think) ;
    • end with (as I do with all such items) "if you have any comments or concerns, or require further information or explanation, please speak to me about this, thank you...etc."

Job's a good 'un.

Simona Guest

Claire 85...you may also find some information on the Foundation Years website regarding the latest on EYFS both to do with Ofsted and the DfE and what you need to share with parents

One of the requirements is that you inform them you are on the Childcare Register
    This will not need any extensive paperwork ...just a few lines added in your contract and Parents Information pack
    Hope this helps

Parents can also find the EYFS for parents on this website if you want them to download it themselves rather than print it for them

Foundation Years | From pregnancy to children aged 5
    Last edited by Simona; 01-09-2014 at 08:15 AM.