Level of EYFS delivery?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Level of EYFS delivery?

Hi All,

This week I have signed my first three mindees. One aged 5 and two aged 3.

Now I know that as the 5 year old is in full time school I do not need to keep a LJ for her but my confusion comes from the 3 year olds.

Both receive 15 funded hours and take these at the local nursery, I shall be providing wrap around and emergency care for both LO's. So as far as the EYFS is concerned what level of delivery am I supposed to provide? Do I fully deliver the EYFS from my setting or am I supposed to be providing supporting information for nursery?

I know I still have to keep records of progress etc but I'm just trying to figure out exactly what I need to be doing so as not to create extra work for myself.

TIA xxx

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JKL View Post
    Hi All,

This week I have signed my first three mindees. One aged 5 and two aged 3.

Now I know that as the 5 year old is in full time school I do not need to keep a LJ for her but my confusion comes from the 3 year olds.

Both receive 15 funded hours and take these at the local nursery, I shall be providing wrap around and emergency care for both LO's. So as far as the EYFS is concerned what level of delivery am I supposed to provide? Do I fully deliver the EYFS from my setting or am I supposed to be providing supporting information for nursery?

I know I still have to keep records of progress etc but I'm just trying to figure out exactly what I need to be doing so as not to create extra work for myself.

TIA xxx
    I'm afraid you still have to do EYFS and show development and learning through observations/Learning journal and you will need to work in partnership with the Nursery involved (or try to), get the parents to sign a "partnership working" form quoting the relevant paragraph in Stat Guidance (off top of my head think it's 3.67!), give copy to Nursery to prove you have permission to share child's learning with them.

3. Likes blue bear liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It is the responsibility of the EYFS for whichever setting has the children the most. When mine go to nursery I complete a transition form and give them this and their Learning Journey to take home and then share with the nursery. I then liase with the nursery and contribute to their records there, if I can. Ofsted were fine with this as long as you can show you are doing something. I share rough planning that I am doing with them in the afternoon in ways of activities and the photo's that I share with the parents is proof BUT I can also verbally tell anyone where each child is because I know the EYFS backwards.

Do whatever you think you need to do but just providing them with sleep if they need it is following the EYFS.
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    It is the responsibility of the EYFS for whichever setting has the children the most. When mine go to nursery I complete a transition form and give them this and their Learning Journey to take home and then share with the nursery. I then liase with the nursery and contribute to their records there, if I can. Ofsted were fine with this as long as you can show you are doing something. I share rough planning that I am doing with them in the afternoon in ways of activities and the photo's that I share with the parents is proof BUT I can also verbally tell anyone where each child is because I know the EYFS backwards. Do whatever you think you need to do but just providing them with sleep if they need it is following the EYFS.
    Sorry Hun, just to clarify, if LO attends nursery 5 days a week for 15 free hours and I provide wrap around care for three of those days, I have LO for a total of 19.5 hours a week, albeit 3 morning sessions and briefly after nursery. Does that therefore mean I am the one to deliver the EYFS and nursery are only required to "enhance" what I do here? xx

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JKL View Post
    Sorry Hun, just to clarify, if LO attends nursery 5 days a week for 15 free hours and I provide wrap around care for three of those days, I have LO for a total of 19.5 hours a week, albeit 3 morning sessions and briefly after nursery. Does that therefore mean I am the one to deliver the EYFS and nursery are only required to "enhance" what I do here? xx
    This is how I interpret this matter...same as others ...hope it will help you
    You and preschool are providing roughly the same hours so equally deliver the EYFS
    The only difference is that at preschool the child has funding ...with you he does not....is that right?

So yes...you need to share progress with them ...Parents can sign a form with permission for you to do so...share LJs and any info you feel relevant...do your assessment and give them a copy...also ask for a copy of theirs and file it for Ofsted
    Ofsted will want to see evidence on how you engage with the preschool and in EYFS 2014 all you need to do is a short good quality summary

Have a read at this and it will further help you

Ofsted | Conducting early years inspections

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    This is how I interpret this matter...same as others ...hope it will help you You and preschool are providing roughly the same hours so equally deliver the EYFS The only difference is that at preschool the child has funding ...with you he does not....is that right? So yes...you need to share progress with them ...Parents can sign a form with permission for you to do so...share LJs and any info you feel relevant...do your assessment and give them a copy...also ask for a copy of theirs and file it for Ofsted Ofsted will want to see evidence on how you engage with the preschool and in EYFS 2014 all you need to do is a short good quality summary Have a read at this and it will further help you Ofsted | Conducting early years inspections
    That's great thank you. Yes his funded hours are with nursery. I will have a chat with nursery when I take him on Thursday. xx