RATIOS
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RATIOS

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with mouse, if you look round there's often parents wanting different hours that other childminders won't consider that you could take on during the day :-)

2. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I also do the same as samb, most of my schoolies are TTO with AdHoc in the holidays, so if they need holiday care they would have to book the space. I also find this works well :-)

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pleasantly surprised and pleased that other CMs are doing this. As mentioned, it's much more of an option now parents can tap into funded hours for CMs: so we're no longer just for working parents, but also for those who want some free time whilst their lo's are benefiting from everything CMs have to offer.

It's so refreshing. Great to see CMs who are prepared to genuinely be their own boss and genuinely make their own decisions. Just why aren't more (dare I suggest all?) CMs freeing themselves from the chains of "I do it cos it's what everyone else does" ?

It's a far cry from those local CMs I encounter at toddler group. They are constantly moaning they can't fill vacancies, but never stop to think why.

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    I'm pleasantly surprised and pleased that other CMs are doing this. As mentioned, it's much more of an option now parents can tap into funded hours for CMs: so we're no longer just for working parents, but also for those who want some free time whilst their lo's are benefiting from everything CMs have to offer. It's so refreshing. Great to see CMs who are prepared to genuinely be their own boss and genuinely make their own decisions. Just why aren't more (dare I suggest all?) CMs freeing themselves from the chains of "I do it cos it's what everyone else does" ? It's a far cry from those local CMs I encounter at toddler group. They are constantly moaning they can't fill vacancies, but never stop to think why.
    :-). It's very refreshing isn't it

Not one to follow a crowd me lol!!

6. Likes bunyip liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12