Updated EYFS 2014 (29 July 2014)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default Updated EYFS 2014 (29 July 2014)

This has just been published on the gov.uk website
    It says updated 29 July
    Go to page 34 for all the clarifications...nothing major

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...e-framework--2
    Last edited by Simona; 31-07-2014 at 12:29 PM.

2. Likes muffins, Chatterbox Childcare liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    This has just been published on the gov.uk website
    It says updated 29 July
    Go to page 34 for all the clarifications...nothing major

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...e-framework--2
    Thanks Simona I shall print it off later and read it then put it with ALL my other paperwork.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

oh JOY!

I do wish they would stop tinkering with it!

5. Likes mum67, Maza, helendee liked this post
    Simona Guest

The actual wording of the EYFS has not been changed...I have not found any different so far
    you may not need to reprint apart from the Clarification page 34 and make notes on your copy

We discussed this recently when 4 Children said there were clarifications to be made and the DfE tweeted they would not change the PDF just inform of the clarification and wrong cross references
    The one to look at is on page 24 which refers to the L&D requirements for children in wraparound care
    I am sure we will debate this at length in future

Clarification note
    On page 14, paragraph 2.8, there is an inaccurate cross-reference. The first sentence which refers to para 1.10, should in fact refer to para 1.9.

On page 20, paragraph 3.20 says “Induction training must include information about emergency evacuation procedures, safeguarding, child protection, the provider’s equality policy, and health and safety issues”. This sentence does not mean that providers must have an equal opportunities policy, but instead means that where the provider does have such a policy, induction should be provided on it.

On page 21, footnote 18 says that first aid training “must cover the course content as for St John Ambulance or Red Cross paediatric first aid training and be renewed every three years”. Whilst the training undertaken may cover first aid for adults as well as children, first aid for adults is not an EYFS requirement. The footnote does not mean that early years providers must choose St John Ambulance or the British Red Cross to provide such training; providers are free to choose either of these organisations or another training provider. The Register of Regulated Qualifications may help providers to identify paediatric first aid providers and can be found at: The Register of Regulated Qualifications - Search for Qualifications. It may also be helpful to refer to the Health and Safety Executive’s guidance about choosing a first aid training provider which can be found at: Selection of a competent first aid training organisation - First aid at work - HSE.

On page 24, paragraph 3.40, under the heading Before/after school care and holiday provision, says “Providers do not need to meet the learning and development requirements in section 1”. Out-of-hours providers who care for children younger than Reception age should continue to be guided by, but do not have to meet, the learning and development requirements and should discuss with parents and/or carers (and other practitioners/providers as appropriate, including school staff/teachers) the support they intend to offer.

On page 32, there is an inaccurate cross-reference. The first sentence of paragraph 3.78, which refers to paragraph 3.76, should in fact refer to paragraph 3.77.

7. Likes FloraDora, mum67, loocyloo, brillminder liked this post
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Simona am I right in thinking I can just copy,paste and stick onto original copy then instead of wasting so much ink? Keeping it looking professional and neat of course.

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mum67 View Post
    Simona am I right in thinking I can just copy,paste and stick onto original copy then instead of wasting so much ink? Keeping it looking professional and neat of course.
    Whatever you feel comfortable and confident in doing!...I won't be reprinting mine
    My EYFS is all scribbled on, with references and arrows and all sorts...it is a live and working doc...and ever changing and that is the one I will use at inspection...warts and all

11. Likes mum67, brillminder liked this post
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lol, bet it doesn't have any expletives or inappropriate remarks on it.....

Think mine would, so would be kept well away from any inspector ;-)

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post

Now you'd think mine would, but it doesn't.

However, I do store all my printouts of Ofsted publications in an A4 binder with a large Mickey Mouse design on the cover.

I think my inspector understood the significance, but couldn't find anything on her checklist which allowed her to downgrade me for irony.

Btw, thanks for the link Simona.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post

Would love to send you a copy of mine so you can see for yourself? you may be surprised

The remarks will be addressed at the DfE who writes the EYFS and ...I wonder if the inspector would agree with me about the various parts that are open to individual interpretation?
    and the corrections the DfE felt appropriate to address this week for getting such an important document muddled up?
    Did they not proof read it before publication?

Who shall win on judgement day? The inspector's interpretation or mine?

15. Likes mum67, brillminder liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

...I wonder if the inspector would agree with me about the various parts that are open to individual interpretation?

Who shall win on judgement day? The inspector's interpretation or mine?
    Wouldn't they just? Ofsted thrive on "interpretation" - to the extent where they'd "interpreted" EYFS into a very different document from the one written by DofE.

eg. Ofsted Lacky: "hey - this bit on prescribed medicines doesn't say what we want it to. Shall we ask DofE what they meant?"
    Osted Lacky's Supervisor: "Naah, don't bother. We can just redefine the word 'prescribed' then phone the editing committee of the Oxford English Dictionary to inform them of the change."

Btw, those of us with deeply-held rational beliefs don't believe in Judgement Day (well, apart from Terminator 2......).

That said, I do have Ofsted on my list for "first against the wall when the Revolution comes"...............................

17. Likes Childrenatheart, mum67 liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Wouldn't they just? Ofsted thrive on "interpretation" - to the extent where they'd "interpreted" EYFS into a very different document from the one written by DofE.

eg. Ofsted Lacky: "hey - this bit on prescribed medicines doesn't say what we want it to. Shall we ask DofE what they meant?"
    Osted Lacky's Supervisor: "Naah, don't bother. We can just redefine the word 'prescribed' then phone the editing committee of the Oxford English Dictionary to inform them of the change."

Btw, those of us with deeply-held rational beliefs don't believe in Judgement Day (well, apart from Terminator 2......).

That said, I do have Ofsted on my list for "first against the wall when the Revolution comes"...............................
    So very sorry ...but I have never heard of Terminator 2
    I have , however, met 5 inspectors since 2001 ...they were all rational inspectors with fair judgement skills....so look forward to meeting the next one soon I hope

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So very sorry ...but I have never heard of Terminator 2
    I have , however, met 5 inspectors since 2001 ...they were all rational inspectors with fair judgement skills....so look forward to meeting the next one soon I hope
    You need to rectify not knowing terminator 2

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=te...y%3B1280%3B851

In fact I now need to go and watch. But not number 3 its rubbish. Number 4 wasn't too bad
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

20. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    You need to rectify not knowing terminator 2

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=te...y%3B1280%3B851

In fact I now need to go and watch. But not number 3 its rubbish. Number 4 wasn't too bad
    Uhuh...is it an EYFS requirement to rectify watching THAT Terminator?...keep us posted

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Uhuh...is it an EYFS requirement to rectify watching THAT Terminator?...keep us posted
    The gentlemen at the dfe says it will be in the next update

Obviously an oversight in this one
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    The gentlemen at the dfe says it will be in the next update

Obviously an oversight in this one
    Hope the man from the DfE talks to the man from Ofsted as the latter has another wave of changes in mind....judging from what I have read yesterday...2015 here we come!
    But we are ready aren't we?
    Hope cms have found the latest clarifications not to difficult to spot and implement

Good luck everyone

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

If it isn't yet it soon will be, most probably part of an update out in March 2015 I reckon, should be due another reshuffle of it by then don't you think to give the powers that be something to do that qualifies them to cash their monthly pay cheque

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

If it isn't yet it soon will be, most probably part of an update out in March 2015 I reckon, should be due another reshuffle of it by then don't you think to give the powers that be something to do that qualifies them to cash their monthly pay cheque
    Typed and sent this as I read Simona's post then scrolled up and read the other posts on it, just shows we all think the same about this mess.

Simona Guest

Typed and sent this as I read Simona's post then scrolled up and read the other posts on it, just shows we all think the same about this mess.
    First mini reshuffle has been announced by the DfE in the shape of a new OFSTED Chair being appointed ....what difference will he make??

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Eyfs

Let us into the secret what have you learnt for 2015.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by childminder54 View Post
    Let us into the secret what have you learnt for 2015.
    Not sure if the question was for me...sorry I just spotted it
    Not really a great deal to learn except that there will be many more changes including to the EYFS....my view of course...judging from what the media is reporting about Ofsted and its future intentions