Ofsted inspection-how to show EYFS
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted inspection-how to show EYFS

I'm due to have my registration ofsted appointment, house is sorted, forms all sorted, but really don't know what is expected in regards to explaining EYFS work structure, do I need to have paperwork, work sheets, written structures of activities I will do with children?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No, it is covered by the Ofsted Pre-Reg Booklet you need to fill in- have you done that yet? That includes thinking of activities for different ages and Areas of Learning. If you already have an idea of how you are going to observe/plan/track progress then that is good but that is more the focus of the real Graded Inspection around 6mths after registration.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh right, so I just need to do the pre registration booklet? I have done that and I have a folder of activity ideas/examples

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The pre-Reg booklet will probably form the majority of the visit- going through it, asking you questions. You can refer to any note you want, DM, EYFS etc so have it all out on the table. Show your activity ideas, but of course what you would actually do depends on age/stage/interests of the future children you might care for. Make sure you understand the cycle of observation-assesment-planning and can talk about it and maybe have ideas of how you will implement it. But until you have real children it is hard to show much- we all change and adapt how we work a lot in the first few weeks/months as we try things out- trying a scrap book, finding it doesn't work for us, trying an on-line system maybe, trying a template from this forum etc etc. After a while of actually doing the job you will settle into a system that works for you. Then when you come up against things like needing to do a 2-Year Check then you create a new template etc.