EYFS for a family member.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default EYFS for a family member.

I currently look after my Niece for about 10 hours a week. She pays me a reduced rate for these hours. I heard somewhere that in these circumstances we do not need to do a full EYFS, maybe just a daily diary. I've tried looking everywhere for some info on this and i can't find anything useful . Can any of you lovely childminders shed some light on this for me?

Thank you. xxxxx

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bellacat View Post
    I currently look after my Niece for about 10 hours a week. She pays me a reduced rate for these hours. I heard somewhere that in these circumstances we do not need to do a full EYFS, maybe just a daily diary. I've tried looking everywhere for some info on this and i can't find anything useful . Can any of you lovely childminders shed some light on this for me?

Thank you. xxxxx
    See:

Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - Registration not required

as an Aunt you do not need to be registered to care for the child. Therefore, I would think you do not need to fulfil the requirements of registration (EYFS). But a phone call/email to Ofsted might be wise to confirm that.