Revised Eyfs - new 04.2014
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    37,494
    Registered Childminder since
    1994
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Revised Eyfs - new 04.2014

    The revised Eyfs - published April 2014 - for use from Sept 2014 - NOT NOW so no panic!!

    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...00337-2014.pdf

  2. Likes Rick liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    12,122
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    thanks Sarah xx
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

  4. #3
    Simona Guest

    Default

    If anyone was hoping for a clearer understanding of CMs variations there are none...no continuity of care or new business mentioned or clarified
    all it has is one added line in the first paragraph on page 24...so many questions will continue.

    Wasted opportunity really.

  5. Likes Rubybubbles liked this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    537
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The only obvious things are quite a few mentions of childminder agencies, each time it says inform Ofsted it also says or childminder agencies

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    982
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    is this another 33 pages my poor printer has to produce for me

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,607
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Here's hoping my LA do copies for us like last time!

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    south coast
    Posts
    2,978
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks Sarah x

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tunbridge Wells, Kent
    Posts
    1,378
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well a few changes for us childminders.....no need to have written policies and procedures but must be able to show you know what your policies are!!! No continuity of care mentioned in exceeding numbers just new babies.....

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,099
    Registered Childminder since
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    thankyou x

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    4,242
    Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Section on equal opportunities is now far shorter - now called Special Educational Needs, don't seem to have to have a policy for it and it acknowledges that it's now not just Nurseries who can delivery EY funding.

    Outings - no longer says you have to have parental permission to take children on outings! or am I missing it being somewhere else?

    And it now includes ratio's for before and after school / holiday care.

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    179
    Registered Childminder since
    June 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VeggieSausage View Post
    Well a few changes for us childminders.....no need to have written policies and procedures but must be able to show you know what your policies are!!! No continuity of care mentioned in exceeding numbers just new babies.....
    Does this mean if a parent wants to increase days we can't do it?

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    4,242
    Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benandjerrys View Post
    Does this mean if a parent wants to increase days we can't do it?
    It didn't say in the current version that we could but Sarah707 asked someone high up in Ofsted for clarification on "continuity of care" and they confirmed that we could do this as long as it wasn't new business - it's a shame the new Framework hasn't explained this in more detail as this would have been a good opportunity to get the subject of "self granting a variation" cleared up once and for all.

  15. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,099
    Registered Childminder since
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benandjerrys View Post
    Does this mean if a parent wants to increase days we can't do it?
    no , it wasn't in the current version either ...it was only mentioned on the ofsted factsheet.

  16. #14
    Simona Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    It didn't say in the current version that we could but Sarah707 asked someone high up in Ofsted for clarification on "continuity of care" and they confirmed that we could do this as long as it wasn't new business - it's a shame the new Framework hasn't explained this in more detail as this would have been a good opportunity to get the subject of "self granting a variation" cleared up once and for all.
    Good to hear that Ofsted 'can' offer' support on the variations when asked...so why not help cms who in good faith are trying to do the best?
    If they have confirmed continuity of care will they now put it in writing for all cms?

    The new EYFS does not clarify variations at all ..very clear last night and in addition it does not address 'overlap' which Truss said she would rectify as it was nonsense we could not overlap an hour or so
    Maybe those who need to be questioned are the DfE themselves...they revised the framework not Ofsted
    What good will it do if Ofsted say we can do continuity of care then an inspector comes along and decides otherwise?

    I'll let you know if I get an answer from DfE

  17. Likes AliceK, loocyloo, Daisy1956 liked this post
  18. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Good to hear that Ofsted 'can' offer' support on the variations when asked...so why not help cms who in good faith are trying to do the best? If they have confirmed continuity of care will they now put it in writing for all cms? The new EYFS does not clarify variations at all ..very clear last night and in addition it does not address 'overlap' which Truss said she would rectify as it was nonsense we could not overlap an hour or so Maybe those who need to be questioned are the DfE themselves...they revised the framework not Ofsted What good will it do if Ofsted say we can do continuity of care then an inspector comes along and decides otherwise? I'll let you know if I get an answer from DfE
    Simona, Ofsted brought out a factsheet explaining ratios and example 3 is a continuity of care situation. The problem I think is that how many days and for how long does Ofsted think it is acceptable to have 4 for continuity of care? Maybe they will re-do this guidance as the framework has just been changed and hopefully it will be clearer for everyone.
    http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/filedownloa...or.pdf&refer=0

  19. Likes hectors house liked this post
  20. #16
    Simona Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgons View Post
    Simona, Ofsted brought out a factsheet explaining ratios and example 3 is a continuity of care situation. The problem I think is that how many days and for how long does Ofsted think it is acceptable to have 4 for continuity of care? Maybe they will re-do this guidance as the framework has just been changed and hopefully it will be clearer for everyone.
    http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/filedownloa...or.pdf&refer=0
    Thank you for putting that link ...I have of course seen it and read it

    As I said below it was a missed opportunity not to address the cms 'self variations' in the new EYFS as they seem to cause a headache all round with questions constantly being asked and anxiety on what inspectors may do if they judge we have not varied properly

    I have referred this matter elsewhere and, if I get anywhere, I will share the response...needless to say I did tweet to Truss this morning, DfE and Ofsted but they seem not to be able to read a simple polite request.

  21. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Somewhere West of Watford!!!
    Posts
    9,085
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VeggieSausage View Post
    Well a few changes for us childminders.....no need to have written policies and procedures but must be able to show you know what your policies are!!! No continuity of care mentioned in exceeding numbers just new babies.....
    We haven't had to have written Policies since Sept 2012?

  22. #18
    Simona Guest

    Default

    These are the main changes to the EYFS...don't hold your breath
    I am sure they will be dissected further ...some I welcome but a lot of it is a drive towards young children in schools

    https://www.pre-school.org.uk/sector...eyfs-framework

  23. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    37,494
    Registered Childminder since
    1994
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default

    I have written about the main changes here

    http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...uirements.html

    Yes I agree Simona it's a missed opportunity to clarify the ratios ... and they have confused a couple of other bits that would have been best left *(imo) ... and removed some bits that were useful ... and changed bits for no apparent reason

    Ho hum they do seem to like to tinker at the edges don't they?

  24. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
  25. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    in the never never land fighting off fae
    Posts
    6,878
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    thank you Sarah
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
Revised Eyfs - new 04.2014 Revised Eyfs - new 04.2014 Revised Eyfs - new 04.2014

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk