Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Revised Eyfs - new 04.2014

The revised Eyfs - published April 2014 - for use from Sept 2014 - NOT NOW so no panic!!

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...00337-2014.pdf

2. Likes Rick liked this post
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks Sarah xx
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Simona Guest

If anyone was hoping for a clearer understanding of CMs variations there are none...no continuity of care or new business mentioned or clarified
    all it has is one added line in the first paragraph on page 24...so many questions will continue.

Wasted opportunity really.

5. Likes Rubybubbles liked this post
    Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The only obvious things are quite a few mentions of childminder agencies, each time it says inform Ofsted it also says or childminder agencies

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

is this another 33 pages my poor printer has to produce for me

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here's hoping my LA do copies for us like last time!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah x

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well a few changes for us childminders.....no need to have written policies and procedures but must be able to show you know what your policies are!!! No continuity of care mentioned in exceeding numbers just new babies.....

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

thankyou x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Section on equal opportunities is now far shorter - now called Special Educational Needs, don't seem to have to have a policy for it and it acknowledges that it's now not just Nurseries who can delivery EY funding.

Outings - no longer says you have to have parental permission to take children on outings! or am I missing it being somewhere else?

And it now includes ratio's for before and after school / holiday care.

June 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieSausage View Post
    Well a few changes for us childminders.....no need to have written policies and procedures but must be able to show you know what your policies are!!! No continuity of care mentioned in exceeding numbers just new babies.....
    Does this mean if a parent wants to increase days we can't do it?

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benandjerrys View Post
    It didn't say in the current version that we could but Sarah707 asked someone high up in Ofsted for clarification on "continuity of care" and they confirmed that we could do this as long as it wasn't new business - it's a shame the new Framework hasn't explained this in more detail as this would have been a good opportunity to get the subject of "self granting a variation" cleared up once and for all.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benandjerrys View Post
    no , it wasn't in the current version either ...it was only mentioned on the ofsted factsheet.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    It didn't say in the current version that we could but Sarah707 asked someone high up in Ofsted for clarification on "continuity of care" and they confirmed that we could do this as long as it wasn't new business - it's a shame the new Framework hasn't explained this in more detail as this would have been a good opportunity to get the subject of "self granting a variation" cleared up once and for all.
    Good to hear that Ofsted 'can' offer' support on the variations when asked...so why not help cms who in good faith are trying to do the best?
    If they have confirmed continuity of care will they now put it in writing for all cms?

The new EYFS does not clarify variations at all ..very clear last night and in addition it does not address 'overlap' which Truss said she would rectify as it was nonsense we could not overlap an hour or so
    Maybe those who need to be questioned are the DfE themselves...they revised the framework not Ofsted
    What good will it do if Ofsted say we can do continuity of care then an inspector comes along and decides otherwise?

I'll let you know if I get an answer from DfE

17. Likes AliceK, loocyloo, Daisy1956 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Good to hear that Ofsted 'can' offer' support on the variations when asked...so why not help cms who in good faith are trying to do the best? If they have confirmed continuity of care will they now put it in writing for all cms? The new EYFS does not clarify variations at all ..very clear last night and in addition it does not address 'overlap' which Truss said she would rectify as it was nonsense we could not overlap an hour or so Maybe those who need to be questioned are the DfE themselves...they revised the framework not Ofsted What good will it do if Ofsted say we can do continuity of care then an inspector comes along and decides otherwise? I'll let you know if I get an answer from DfE
    Simona, Ofsted brought out a factsheet explaining ratios and example 3 is a continuity of care situation. The problem I think is that how many days and for how long does Ofsted think it is acceptable to have 4 for continuity of care? Maybe they will re-do this guidance as the framework has just been changed and hopefully it will be clearer for everyone.
    http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/filedownloa...or.pdf&refer=0

19. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgons View Post
    Simona, Ofsted brought out a factsheet explaining ratios and example 3 is a continuity of care situation. The problem I think is that how many days and for how long does Ofsted think it is acceptable to have 4 for continuity of care? Maybe they will re-do this guidance as the framework has just been changed and hopefully it will be clearer for everyone.
    http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/filedownloa...or.pdf&refer=0
    Thank you for putting that link ...I have of course seen it and read it

As I said below it was a missed opportunity not to address the cms 'self variations' in the new EYFS as they seem to cause a headache all round with questions constantly being asked and anxiety on what inspectors may do if they judge we have not varied properly

I have referred this matter elsewhere and, if I get anywhere, I will share the response...needless to say I did tweet to Truss this morning, DfE and Ofsted but they seem not to be able to read a simple polite request.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieSausage View Post
    We haven't had to have written Policies since Sept 2012?

Simona Guest

These are the main changes to the EYFS...don't hold your breath
    I am sure they will be dissected further ...some I welcome but a lot of it is a drive towards young children in schools

https://www.pre-school.org.uk/sector...eyfs-framework

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have written about the main changes here

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...uirements.html

Yes I agree Simona it's a missed opportunity to clarify the ratios ... and they have confused a couple of other bits that would have been best left *(imo) ... and removed some bits that were useful ... and changed bits for no apparent reason

Ho hum they do seem to like to tinker at the edges don't they?

24. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

thank you Sarah
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast