nov 2013 statutory framework
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 96
    Post Thanks / Like

Default nov 2013 statutory framework

my inspector told me the new updated framework in Nov 13 has changed wording for 4 year old in full time school making me unable to look after them after school and in holidays on top of the 6 under school age I have with my assistant. I have the sept 12 copy but cant find an updated framework on ofsted or dfe websites. can anyone point me in the right direction ???

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's a new one on me and I'd like to think I keep abreast of everything new

3. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

3.40 If a childminder can demonstrate to parents and/or carers and inspectors, that the individual needs of all the children are being met, then exceptions to the usual ratios can be made when childminders are caring for sibling babies, or when caring for their own baby. If children aged four and five only attend the childminding setting before and/or after a normal school day, and/or during school holidays, they may be cared for at the same time as three other young children. But in all circumstances, the total number of children under the age of eight being cared for must not exceed six.

Its still the same
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

5. Likes Rick, rickysmiths liked this post
    Sept 96
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    3.40 If a childminder can demonstrate to parents and/or carers and inspectors, that the individual needs of all the children are being met, then exceptions to the usual ratios can be made when childminders are caring for sibling babies, or when caring for their own baby. If children aged four and five only attend the childminding setting before and/or after a normal school day, and/or during school holidays, they may be cared for at the same time as three other young children. But in all circumstances, the total number of children under the age of eight being cared for must not exceed six.

Its still the same
    she quoted that no more than 6 must be in the early years group with an assistant and that up until reception age they are classed as being early years

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Its always been the case that up until reception age they are classed as early years...... when children are at school then they come in the category of 6 children under the age of 8 years rather than under 5 yrs.
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

8. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by judipoo View Post
    she quoted that no more than 6 must be in the early years group with an assistant and that up until reception age they are classed as being early years
    Its always been the case that 4 year old in full time education is classed as a rising 5.

Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - The numbers and ages of children that providers on the Early Years and Childcare Registers may care for

This factsheet confirms it
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Can I ask what grade you were given because if this inspector truly believed that you were over minding and going over the 6under 8s she would have given you inadequate.

Sept 96
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Can I ask what grade you were given because if this inspector truly believed that you were over minding and going over the 6under 8s she would have given you inadequate.
    she came back after a phone call and said in this instance i was ok as the schoolie was an existing child i had had from 5 months old and out of my 6 under 4s i had two siblings. However, i need this clarified because i took on a reception age 4 yr old last sept after school and occ holidays and under what she is saying i shouldnt have her as she is a new child

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

she came back after a phone call and said in this instance i was ok as the schoolie was an existing child i had had from 5 months old and out of my 6 under 4s i had two siblings. However, i need this clarified because i took on a reception age 4 yr old last sept after school and occ holidays and under what she is saying i shouldnt have her as she is a new child
    Ok all the ofsted factsheets say that its ok.

I think she was told she was wrong but is now trying to save face in front of you

13. Likes Kiddleywinks, rickysmiths liked this post
    Simona Guest

my inspector told me the new updated framework in Nov 13 has changed wording for 4 year old in full time school making me unable to look after them after school and in holidays on top of the 6 under school age I have with my assistant. I have the sept 12 copy but cant find an updated framework on ofsted or dfe websites. can anyone point me in the right direction ???
    judipoo...there is only one EYFS and that is the 2012 revised version...until it is revised that is what we follow

The inspector was probably referring to 'Conducting EY inspections' which was published in Now 2013
    That is the new framework for inspections...take a look but I cannot find anything new on 4 year olds in full time care...as said below they are within your 6 under 8 in the 5-8 age bracket

Ofsted | Conducting early years inspections

Hope this helps

15. Likes judipoo liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the latest amendment I can see to go through parliament,

http://www.publications.parliament.u...bc0053005a.pdf

Rising five clause still stands as of may 2013.