Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Asking or telling parents

If we want to increase our numbers due to a sibling baby coming, do we ask parents permission? Where is this written down? I know this has been asked before, but I can't find any info.

Many thanks,
    Linda.

Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure exact location but it will be in the stat guidance Im sure or Ofsted website. If you put together a RA and letter detailing what your intentions are and provide this to each set of parents, wording it so that parents can approach you if they have any concerns x

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by linda2girls View Post
    If we want to increase our numbers due to a sibling baby coming, do we ask parents permission? Where is this written down? I know this has been asked before, but I can't find any info.

Many thanks,
    Linda.
    In those cases you can do a self variation...look at EYFS page 21
    You need to risk assess, consider your resources and space, agree with parents but no need to inform Ofsted anymore

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I wrote a note to all parents explaining about my numbers etc and put in it if they had any concerns or wanted to talk about anything to let me know. Seeing as no-one did I assume they were all okay with it. Mind you it was for a sibling so wasn't expecting any problems. They either trust me to keep all the children safe and cared for or if they don't then I am not the right childminder for them and they are not the right parents for me.

xxx

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

my friend asked and got told no so I would also tell them your intensions rather than ask permission