Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sharing planning with parents

Hello. I would just be interested to see what other people do with regards to sharing planning with parents. At the moment I write child x individual plan for the week ahead and email it to the parent. I do find I am repeating myself as I write a run down of what child x has been up to each day in the daily diary. If I'm doing this already, do I still need to email the plan every week?

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I give parents an email each month normally which gives some information about intended planning activity themes. I also put a copy on my notice board. The rest of the information about what the children have actually done (it does tend to change as children and the weather change their minds about things lol!) goes into their daily diary backed up with the face to face conversations at collection time.

I don't see the need to keep parents informed of ALL my plans. I am sure they have enough to deal with already and they just want to know that the children have had fun and been well behaved!
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I changed the way I do planning recently and asked parents what they actually wanted to know. They weren't interested in the activities I had planned, unless for example, they needed to pack extra clothes because we were doing messy play, etc. They preferred to have information about what we had done at the end of the week. I prefer doing it this way too, since I don't always follow my plans and our day can change so easily when following a child's interests.

Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

The parents only see the planning through the next steps in the daily dairies. Is this enough?

The parents seem very pleased with just the photos I forward them of activities and the daily diaries.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Individual planning is in the children's files and we talk about it with parents...

Group planning is often displayed and given to parents as part of our newsletter. It is shared by email on request

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do it once every six -8 weeks (half termly) on their individual plan sheet. Parents sees it at beginning and helps tweak it and at the end we both put our comments ready for next one. Great partnership evidenced. Defo no need to do it weekly imo - endless repetition does no one any good and wears you down.
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)