Inspection done
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Inspection done

Post Thanks / Like

Default Inspection done

I had my inspection this morning and it was so much better than I had imagined, and I got "good" grade! I was very lucky as had the same lady that done my registration and she was very nice.

It was very easy going and it didn't feel under pressure at all. She come in and showed me her ID straight away before I had a chance to ask, then I asked her to sign in! She sat on the sofa and asked for all my paperwork! I have her my p&ps, learning journal, diary (includes register and visitors) and my folder with certificates and insurance etc, also my folder with accidents, cause for concerns and all my other forms, and this was everything she needed! She sat for a while and watched me play with my son and 11 month old mindee, she asked a few questions about my SEF but nothing challenging!

She was very hot on making sure I know my p&ps and not just wrote anything down, and she was also very hot on safeguarding, asked a lot of questions about the 4 areas of safeguarding I.e physical, emotional, sexual and neglect! She was very impressed with my learning journal which I was very surprised about as was worried about this. She liked the fact that I had a copy of the necessary age groups and sections out of development matters book and I highlight each section when the child achieves it, she liked the fact there was lots of pics and statements of what was happening in the photos. She did advise that it would be a good idea to put the date the child is at the time next to each observation! Also I use my diary as my register which she said is fine, but she said to put the full name of the child and the actual times they come and go and not the contracted hours!

She didn't question my resources but said its nice to have a little comfy corner with books laid out for the children to chill if wanted! She was very forthcoming with ideas that may help, and it felt more like a discussion rather than her judging what I was doing!

I may remember more later and will add if I do but hope this helps others out, also she was only interested in the paperwork I have for the early years age group and she liked the fact I use paper towels in the toilet rather than hand towels!

Thanks for everyone's help on this forum as def wouldn't have done so well without the help!

2. Likes funemnx, sing-low, Maza, sarah707 liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done and now relax!!

OCT 09
    Post Thanks / Like

well done you!!!

my inspection is due anytime and I'm ridiculously nervous about it even though its my second one.Thank you for letting us all know how yours went. Its reassuring to know how peoples inspections are going and what they are looking at.

Thank you again & again well done...you should be very proud!!

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congratulations!

Sounds like you did really well. Great news that you got a good. Well done. Now to celebrate!

nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Fab news...thanks for the feed back......dedicated this Saturday afternoon to get my books in order.....for whe I do receive that call x.....big glass of something chilled is in order

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done, thank you for the feedback. Did she mention anything about early years outcomes replacing development matters

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations glad to hear everything went well and you can relax now and celebrate your "Good" grade.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds great. Well done !

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by leah.kyranidis View Post
    I had my inspection this morning and it was so much better than I had imagined, and I got "good" grade! I was very lucky as had the same lady that done my registration and she was very nice.

It was very easy going and it didn't feel under pressure at all. She come in and showed me her ID straight away before I had a chance to ask, then I asked her to sign in! She sat on the sofa and asked for all my paperwork! I have her my p&ps, learning journal, diary (includes register and visitors) and my folder with certificates and insurance etc, also my folder with accidents, cause for concerns and all my other forms, and this was everything she needed! She sat for a while and watched me play with my son and 11 month old mindee, she asked a few questions about my SEF but nothing challenging!

She was very hot on making sure I know my p&ps and not just wrote anything down, and she was also very hot on safeguarding, asked a lot of questions about the 4 areas of safeguarding I.e physical, emotional, sexual and neglect! She was very impressed with my learning journal which I was very surprised about as was worried about this. She liked the fact that I had a copy of the necessary age groups and sections out of development matters book and I highlight each section when the child achieves it, she liked the fact there was lots of pics and statements of what was happening in the photos. She did advise that it would be a good idea to put the date the child is at the time next to each observation! Also I use my diary as my register which she said is fine, but she said to put the full name of the child and the actual times they come and go and not the contracted hours!

She didn't question my resources but said its nice to have a little comfy corner with books laid out for the children to chill if wanted! She was very forthcoming with ideas that may help, and it felt more like a discussion rather than her judging what I was doing!

I may remember more later and will add if I do but hope this helps others out, also she was only interested in the paperwork I have for the early years age group and she liked the fact I use paper towels in the toilet rather than hand towels!

Thanks for everyone's help on this forum as def wouldn't have done so well without the help!
    Well done indeed!

You say the inspector looked at your copy of the DM and liked it...did she refer to DM or the Early Years Outcomes in your inspection or both?
    this would help us to understand what inspectors are referring to at inspections...thank you

You also say you know the grade you were awarded...did the inspector tell you that it may be looked at by Ofsted Quality Assurance team and the timescale for that to be in your report?

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic, thanks for sharing x

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone.

Yes she mentioned about the early years outcome and if I was aware of it, which I wasn't! She said it doesn't have to replace the development matters as such but work along side it, apparently it is to make people look outside the box! She said a lot of people work very regimental with development matters. It is available to download from ofsted but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet!

Post Thanks / Like

And yes she gave me my grade but did explain that it will be checked by ofsted, but it is very rare that they change the grade! It can take about 28 days for me to receive my report.

Hope this helps

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! Well done x

Thanks for the feedback x
    Life is all about how you handle plan B

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like