Daliy routines/activities
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Per-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Daliy routines/activities

Hi, I currently have a structured daily routine in place and When I mentioned to another childminder that we have music time and story time she was surprised. I also have a set time for activities every morning and then we go on an outing. Is this to much? Should it be less structured? what did you all do when Ofsted came out to inspect you? X x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bakez66 View Post
    Hi, I currently have a structured daily routine in place and When I mentioned to another childminder that we have music time and story time she was surprised. I also have a set time for activities every morning and then we go on an outing. Is this to much? Should it be less structured? what did you all do when Ofsted came out to inspect you? X x
    If it works for you then carry on, as long as you are giving the children choice and allowing them options and freedom to do what they like (within reason!). There are eduction methods with structure to the day (I am thinking of Steiner but there are probably others) and some children find that very reassuring. As long as you can talk about why you do it that way and how the children benefit from it.

Per-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

My answer to that is to prepare them for pre-school and school also they say some needs to be adult led so I thought that nursery rhyme time and story time covers this?

Per-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    If it works for you then carry on, as long as you are giving the children choice and allowing them options and freedom to do what they like (within reason!). There are eduction methods with structure to the day (I am thinking of Steiner but there are probably others) and some children find that very reassuring. As long as you can talk about why you do it that way and how the children benefit from it.
    My answer to that is to prepare them for pre-school and school also they say some needs to be adult led so I thought that nursery rhyme time and story time covers this?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My day has structure - and times for free play as well. The children here thrive on the combination of activities I offer and it helps them to potter through the day knowing what is coming next.

We all work differently it's important that you do what works for you

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

We do the same thing each day... School, activity away from home, Home, wash hands, free play, nappy, wash, lunch, story, teeth, nap, free play, school run, activity, tea....HOME TIME!!
    Structured but varied!