Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ratio numbers

Registered Childminder since
    June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ratio numbers

I have an enquiry for an under five on a weds and Thursday, Thursday is fine but on a weds I have a 18mth, 10mth and my own son 2yrs - can I have the newbie who is 17mths as my son takes one of my under five spaces? Or is this a big no no?

Thank you

x Sarah x

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Your 3 under fives spaces are taken by your son and two LOs, you can't go over numbers for new business. Sorry.

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

So that statement in the eyfs is if you had three los and then you had your own baby?

x Sarah x

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Merry-Minder View Post
    So that statement in the eyfs is if you had three los and then you had your own baby?
    Yes you would be able to keep your mindees if you were to have a new baby but your son is 2 so this does not apply.

As others have said this is new business so its a no no.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately you can only make an exception (variation) for continuity of care. So if your son was born after you took the new lo on that would be fine. As he already exists, its not fine !

If new lo came on a different day, when you do have space, and then mum asked to change days further along, you could grant the variation because it would then be continuity of care. However, you would have to discuss having the extra child with all other parents, make sure they are aware of how you will manage and meet every child's needs during the time you are over normal numbers and do thorough risk assessments etc.

You will need to do all this whenever you do grant yourself a variation.

Ofsted are being very particular about this in recent inspections apparently, so I would advise you to not do anything you can't be confident in justifying for continuity of care reasons and back up with the other stuff .