Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Matching letters

I'm having a blond moment...can someone help please LO was picking up bean bag letters and matching them to poster on wall with letters on it...I cant find a specific link to it in CAL or Literacy ..I know next steps are more matching games...etc but what do i write on his obs sheet
    Thank you x x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It will link somewhere in either C & L or literacy depending on the age of the child. There might also be links in maths - one-to-one correspondence and shape.

There is no point looking for an exact statement - just find the nearest one that talks about the child's age and stage of development

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks sarah....couldnt find anything this morning...will have a look later when i've had a nice hot bath and a glass of wine..

PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, you could always link it into an area yourself.. I've seem my li's doing lots of things that arnt specifically listed on my tracker so i tend to do my observation, link it where i can, then write about where it could be linked if there isnt a specific sentence provided already. Then on my tracker i write e.g in literacy, lo was able to match letters (19/08/13 see obs).. Gives much more continuity between obs and tracker and parents can see progress more clearly.

5. Likes catlyn liked this post