RE: Every Child Matters Inserts for P&P's - How do you divide your EYFS P&Ps?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default RE: Every Child Matters Inserts for P&P's - How do you divide your EYFS P&Ps?

Hello all,

Just have up-dated all my P&P's under new EYFS 2012 yet again. Feel they are never ending - I always seem to think I need to change something!! Well now I have decided to print off everything once and for all!! No more changes for me (well for now anyway!)

So I am now in the process of placing all of my P&P's into a lovely new file and trying to sort under the 5 Every Child Matters and getting somewhat confused.

I did have the old Bromley Insets under the Every Child Matters - not sure if these can be used with the new EYFS 2012?

Also if any one can share which policies go under which of the Every Child Matters if would be really helpful and/or if you have other inserts you use. I would most appreciate it?

Many thanks.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The ECM agenda is not really relevant any more. The coalition Govt took the ECM website offline... and ECM is not referred to any more in the EYFS.

I have mine in alphabetical order!

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggle Wiggle View Post
    Hello all,

Just have up-dated all my P&P's under new EYFS 2012 yet again. Feel they are never ending - I always seem to think I need to change something!! Well now I have decided to print off everything once and for all!! No more changes for me (well for now anyway!)

So I am now in the process of placing all of my P&P's into a lovely new file and trying to sort under the 5 Every Child Matters and getting somewhat confused.

I did have the old Bromley Insets under the Every Child Matters - not sure if these can be used with the new EYFS 2012?

Also if any one can share which policies go under which of the Every Child Matters if would be really helpful and/or if you have other inserts you use. I would most appreciate it?

Many thanks.
    Just curious why you want to order them in this way? I sort mine alphabetically.

You are refering to the 2003 Every Child Matters gov initiative which said 'Its main aims are for every child, whatever their background or circumstances, to have the support they need to:
    Be healthy
    Stay safe
    Enjoy and achieve
    Make a positive contribution
    Achieve economic well-being'

To be honest, I can't really see the benefit in trying to match your policies and procedures to a 10-year old Government initiative... or am I missing something, (sorry)?! P&P are personal to you and your setting and each may cover elements of several of the above statements.

Maybe someone with more knowledge of this will come along.

Something I have done now is to reference in each P&P the section of the EYFS which requires it, so I guess if you did that consistently you could then sort them in line with the EYFS section headings... but still, I don't really see the point (don't mean to be rude, just don't get it!).

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you!

Thank you to Sarah and Moggy for your prompt response! Sorry the confusion arose due to the Early Years Person out and going on and on. I felt I was doing something wrong and have my Ofsted inspection over the coming months so I would need to have them placed under the ECM Agenda, whereas I had them placed in order that was relevant and organsied to the EYFS and dare I say it but something that I could easily reference and was user friendly to me and anyone else who wished to view them. This is not the only area where the Early Years commented - I should just stick to what is right for me.

Thank you again.

Wiggle!

Post Thanks / Like

I think you need to remember who they are really for, they're written for the parents and parents generally don't have a clue about ECM. If a parent needs to look at one of your policies in a hurry I think alphabetical would be best, if Ofsted doesn't like that (to be honest they won't give a hoot) you can sight working in partnership lol and making things simpler for parents lol.

Simona Guest

This govt cannot forget ECM as it is a Green Paper and piece of legislation (2004) but they have conveniently put it away...unless it is repealed it stands as law!

Strangely enough the NUT next conference in July is asking 'Does Every Child still Matter'? so very much alive for them and on their agenda!!

As for Birth to 3 it is possible to download it on the Foundation Years website as it is considered vital especially for the Progress check
    Last edited by Simona; 14-05-2013 at 03:15 PM.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    This govt cannot forget ECM as it is a Green Paper and piece of legislation (2004) but they have conveniently put it away...unless it is repealed it stands as law!

Strangely enough the NUT next conference in July is asking 'Does Every Child still Matter'? so very much alive for them and on their agenda!!

As for Birth to 3 it is possible to download it on the Foundation Years website as it is considered vital especially for the Progress check
    You can download a booklet but where can I download the component cards - I think I got rid of mine, still have video (but no video player ) I struggle with the using the EYFS for young children, especially under 12 months?

Simona Guest

9. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

So if ECM is old news- should I rearrange my CM portfolio ? Currently divided it ECM sections with policies and other documents for example insurance cert under keeping children safe and children centre info under enjoy and achieve ( I think)

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tori4 View Post
    So if ECM is old news- should I rearrange my CM portfolio ? Currently divided it ECM sections with policies and other documents for example insurance cert under keeping children safe and children centre info under enjoy and achieve ( I think)
    I don't think it really matters as your portfolio is for your own personal marketing of your service, if it works for you then leave it but just do be aware it is not the 'latest' thinking and if parents question what these headings are that you are using you may need to explain.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My Policies are arranged in an 8 page document and they are in the order order of importance I put on them for running my business. I have never (well not for years!) had each Policy on a separate page they look far too daunting for the parents. They are not signed individually either. I have a Consents and permissions form and all the Polices are listed on that along with all my permissions and my parents sign once to say they have read, agree to and have received a copy of them.

Simona Guest

This article explains the position of ECM...although the govt wants to reform Earlyy Years ECM is still the law

Government clarifies ban on Every Child Matters | Children & Young People Now

Further discussions on ECM here

Clause 19 - Local authority functions: supporting and involving children and young people: 19 Mar 2013: Public Bill Committees - TheyWorkForYou
    Last edited by Simona; 18-05-2013 at 08:37 AM.