Have you had Ofsted inspection when using electronic learning journey
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you had Ofsted inspection when using electronic learning journey

Hi looking for feedback from people who have had their inspection whilst using an electronic learning journal like ****** or orbit please or any for that matter. I love doing my LJ's this way saves me heaps of time, I have a good policy in place to cover all questions an inspector or parent may have worries over but would still like some reassurance from someone who's been there so to speak, as I know some people find this way controversial and I can't help but be a tad nervous even though all my parents think its fab and its actually proved itself to be immensely inclusive for some parents.
    Last edited by zippy; 28-04-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've sent you a PM but in case anyone else wants my opinion!

Right basically you would be wise to still print it out and stick it in the learning journal. You might come across an inspector who refuses to look at a screen so you would be stuffed. I also think it's nice for parents and the inspector to see your obs and other photos and artwork in context, in chronological order. What I didn't want to do is just print reams and reams of obs because no one will read it. If you put the other bits in between it becomes less of a chore to read it all!

The inspector said she hadn't seen Orbit before and thought it was very good!

3. Likes zippy liked this post
    Feb 200
    Post Thanks / Like

Friends of mine who are husband and wife had their inspection last month and they use ****** and got outstanding. Their inspector loved it and said she can see this as the way forward.

5. Likes zippy liked this post
    Jan 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my inspection 2 weeks ago and the inspector thought the system I used was amazing for working in partnership with parents. I use ********* and I was awarded outstanding. Just insure you can explain about the security side of the system you use...good luck

7. Likes zippy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use orbit although I haven't had an inspection yet since using it ( im due anytime) I print out the months obs then put them in the learning journal along with the plan for that month.
    I then use the next steps off the obs to complete my planning for the coming month ( hand written on printed sheets with each area covered).
    I'm covering myself by printing them and I find it easier to have things in paper form but I like the neatness of it all.
    I use the obs trackers from the forum to the track half termly all the obs to make sure I'm not missing any areas.

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Not too keen on the blatant censorship displayed in this thread. orbit seems ok but not *******. Hmmmm!

11. Likes Beaka liked this post
    May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my first inspection last October and the inspector was quite happy with *********, I got a 'strong' good. I had printed some samples off just in case but she was computer literate and had a look for herself. My parents love it and so do I! xx

Jan 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I just showed the inspecter my system and she was very interested and checked out lots of different areas. More for her interest...but she loved that parents could access information about their child at all times. I did not print out anything...