Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where does this fit?

A little girl I mind for (21months old) has taken a real shine to a particular soft toy cat from my toy box. She calls it "Ra-Ra" (this is the name she's uses for her favourite cuddly toy from home too!) and she plays with it a lot! She makes beds for it with cushions and blankets from the baby box. She took it outside with her today and helped it to slide down the slide, then took it in the cosy coupe car with her. She often puts it in the toy pushchairs and takes it off around the house. She chooses it to snuggle in bed with her for naps and in the pushchair on the school run.

I just can't decide whether she's really "roll-playing" when she makes it a little bed or sends it down the slide, or whether she just genuinely believes its a real character. Is she being creative and beginning to make believe, or just playing with her favourite toy?

It's really quite a big part of her day when she's here with me so if like to mention it in my obs just not sure where it links?! Help!

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Expressive arts and design 16-26 mos both options for 'being imaginative':
    Expressing self through physical action and sound
    Pretends that one object represents another.

Beginning to make believe by pretending (22-36)

Also PSE self confidence option : able to engage in pretend play.

Also Understanding the world: people and communities : (22-36 mos) imitating actions from own family and life i( ie drinking tea)
    Also : the world - small world models.
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

3. Likes blue bear liked this post