Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    3/2001
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2yr check do I need to complete

The two year old I look after has had their two year check with the health visitor many months ago as now nearly 3! Do I still need to complete check? Thanks

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

They usually phone you, unless every thing is ok they dont need to see you or your child unless concern about childs speech or growth, hope this helps x
    Jas Bedi

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I still think we have to do one for our part of the lo's development journey.
    Cath

Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes you do still have to complete it - you just don't have to worry about getting it to the HV. I am in the same boat and my mindee is 3 in 3 weeks and I have just completed his and am waiting for a meeting with the parents to finish it off.

HTH

Latest Inspection Grade
    Irrelevant
    Post Thanks / Like

you dont need to do one if they have already had their two year old check, might be worth doing one for parents

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Tammy, but I dont think you are right.
    All child carers have to do the 2 year progress check, it is not optional. It is suggested that it is done in time for their check, but it does not need to be.
    See this
    "Practitioners should agree with parents when is the best time to provide the summary. Where possible, early years settings should consider carrying out the progress check in time for parents to share it with the health visitor at the two year old health and development review" from

and this
    "The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requires that parents and carers must be supplied with a short written summary of their child‟s development in the three prime learning and development areas of the EYFS: Personal, Social and Emotional Development; Physical Development; and Communication and Language; when the child is aged between 24-36 months"

from http://media.education.gov.uk/assets...0materials.pdf

If a child has had their HV check, we still have to do our one.

7. Likes moggy liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lct76 View Post
    The two year old I look after has had their two year check with the health visitor many months ago as now nearly 3! Do I still need to complete check? Thanks
    Yes, it is a statutory requirement under EYFS for the main setting (ie. the one where they spend most time) to do a 2 year progress check, even if they've already seen the HV. See statutory framework sections 2.3-2.5 inclusive.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaswinder bedi View Post
    They usually phone you, unless every thing is ok they dont need to see you or your child unless concern about childs speech or growth, hope this helps x
    This is not the case across the whole of the UK. Seems to depend on where you live, or rather on where services have been cut most badly.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Irrelevant
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tired View Post
    Sorry Tammy, but I dont think you are right.
    All child carers have to do the 2 year progress check, it is not optional. It is suggested that it is done in time for their check, but it does not need to be.
    See this
    "Practitioners should agree with parents when is the best time to provide the summary. Where possible, early years settings should consider carrying out the progress check in time for parents to share it with the health visitor at the two year old health and development review" from

and this
    "The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requires that parents and carers must be supplied with a short written summary of their child‟s development in the three prime learning and development areas of the EYFS: Personal, Social and Emotional Development; Physical Development; and Communication and Language; when the child is aged between 24-36 months"

from http://media.education.gov.uk/assets...0materials.pdf

If a child has had their HV check, we still have to do our one.

Yes i already do a report regarding the childs development. if a childs already been to hv for two year old check then its just for parents to look at then? or do you ask parents to pass it onto hv?

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry took so long to reply.
    I think it is for the parents, Tammy, if they chose to pass it on to the hv its up to them. I know where I live they are doing a massive amount of recruiting of hvs, as they don't have anywhere near enough to do these checks yet, so I think we just do our bit and pass it to the parents, then if the hvs do thiers this is just another piece of info to help them.