after school only question.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default after school only question.

I have only ever done after school childcare from when I first registered. As well as my own daughter (now 18 mths) and my other 2 children who are both over 8 - I currently childmind for 3 children 2 of them for 1 hour before school and then all 3 of them after school from 3pm till 6pm. (2 of them are now in year 1 and 1 of them in year 3)

I might be taking on another child (year R) from next september (i know a long way off yet but....

Firstly want to just double check - i believe I do not now (as of sept this year) have to do eyfs ie learning journals now for any school attending children (and am I right in thinking that if I take on a year R child now I still wont need to do the paperwork for them with the current changes???) just firstly wanted to double check that.

But also as a side note - Ive spoken to all of them over time and all 3 parents are more than happy for their children (obviously outside from the journey home, snack time and then having their hot tea) to just relax and run around and play and let of steam without having the need for observations and learning journals etc. do you think I should put something in writing to this effect and get them to sign - especially if I do take on a Year R child????

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The requirements say that you need to speak to parents and other settings and find out what care and learning they want you to deliver.

You should then record that and follow their wishes.

You are right - you no longer need to deliver the EYFS or write a LJ for full time school children (reception year up).

Hth

mar 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to jump in, but i'm a little confused. Do we not deliver eyfs and LJ's for any full time school children, even in reception? (from now) Thought it was until the 1st September aft their 5th Birthday which i am sure i have seen somewhere. my LO has just started reception and is still only 4yrs. Sorry to sound dim

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clareg View Post
    Sorry to jump in, but i'm a little confused. Do we not deliver eyfs and LJ's for any full time school children, even in reception? (from now) Thought it was until the 1st September aft their 5th Birthday which i am sure i have seen somewhere. my LO has just started reception and is still only 4yrs. Sorry to sound dim
    The revised eyfs said we need to have regard to but not have to fully implement the eyfs for reception aged chikdren (not them exact words) I do a scrap book where chikdren put in work and photos themselves but dont link to eyfs and planning is set around what chikd is interested in and a bit around themes at school, so at the movement they are doing space , so I got the dark den put and put boxes and silver foil in craft area.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

EYFS 2012 requirement 1.3 -

Wrap around (care offered before and after a school day, e.g. by an after school club or by a childminder) and holiday providers (provision exclusively in the school holidays) should be guided by, but do not necessarily need to meet, all the learning and development requirements. Practitioners should discuss with parents and/or carers (and other practitioners and providers as appropriate) the support they intend to offer, seeking to complement learning in settings in which children spend more time.

mar 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Ladies TY v much, will re look at it, i don't want to be doing anything that is unnecessary.

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

very interesting the new changes. I am not sure they are for the best in all regards though. thank you sarah for clarifying this