Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Information sharing with parents

Help please - got a few more questions!

1) What are you giving to your parents regarding information about the EYFS (as in Sarah's checklist) Have you typed something up or is there somewhere I can print something off to give to them?

2) Also on Sarah's checklist there is a whole list of things that should be shared with parents. Do I need to type up a document with information about all the different things and give to my existing parents or is this for new parents in the future - and can it be verbally or does it have to be in writing?

3) Are you supposed to complete a form which details the times you have checked on a sleeping child? I don't currently do this but obviously check them regularly.

4) Could anyone share a new complaints form? Not sure what I'm meant to be putting in it now!

5) I've written a seperate mobile phone/camera policy and made a one line reference to it in my safeguarding policy - is this okay?

Sorry if I'm being dipsy but I'm starting to lose the will (I know I shouldn't have left it all so late!)

Thanks for any help you can give x
    Cazz x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz View Post
    Help please - got a few more questions!

1) What are you giving to your parents regarding information about the EYFS (as in Sarah's checklist) Have you typed something up or is there somewhere I can print something off to give to them?

There is a parent guide in free downloads at the top of the forum.

2) Also on Sarah's checklist there is a whole list of things that should be shared with parents. Do I need to type up a document with information about all the different things and give to my existing parents or is this for new parents in the future - and can it be verbally or does it have to be in writing?

I have added bits to my welcome booklet and other info into a document to give to parents.

I am emailing and asking parents to confirm they have received the files.

3) Are you supposed to complete a form which details the times you have checked on a sleeping child? I don't currently do this but obviously check them regularly.

Not necessarily no - you need to consider how you can show you check children.

I comment on how they are sleeping - restless, snoring, happy, collapsed in a heap etc. It shows I have checked on them. Hopefully that will be enough!!

4) Could anyone share a new complaints form? Not sure what I'm meant to be putting in it now!

Look in free downloads

5) I've written a seperate mobile phone/camera policy and made a one line reference to it in my safeguarding policy - is this okay?

Yes

Sorry if I'm being dipsy but I'm starting to lose the will (I know I shouldn't have left it all so late!)

Thanks for any help you can give x
    Hope that helps!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Sarah x
    Cazz x

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I must be very thick as I couldn't find the info for parents in free resources or example of complaints form durh

July 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Surrey County Council have a good letter to parents.

http://www.surreycc.gov.uk/learning/...n-stage#parent

If you scroll down it's the first download
    Cherry x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries