Use of mobile phones and cameras
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Use of mobile phones and cameras

Would anyone be able to share what they've added to cover this new requirement please? I've added a line to my safeguarding policy but just want to make sure I've got it covered properly.

Many thanks for you help

I've put

"The use of mobile phones and cameras is restricted and I will be the only person to take photographs of the children, these are used appropriately for observations, daily diaries, ‘All about me’ / ‘Memories’ books and displays in the setting. My phone is pin protected and photos are transferred to my computer as soon as possible and stored securely (pin/password protection) or deleted after use. Written permission is obtained from parents/carers to be able to do this - please also see my Confidentiality policy. I am registered with Information Commissioners Office (ICO)."
    Last edited by pinklady756; 31-08-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have pretty much said the same as you but have added something about children bringing their own phones and other devices (DSs) that can be used for taking photos (basically I discourage but if brought are used under strict supervision and not for taking photos). If you employ an assistant or have students then you need to be thinking about them

Cx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both. This has helped simplify what I need to write. Been going around in circles with this one!

Mar 92
    Post Thanks / Like

I added to mine about older children attending the setting that phones will be put aside where i can see them and only to be used when they recieve a call

sounds harsh but got to protect the younger children also

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries