Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where do which children sit?

Hi

Has anyone found the best way to arrange the children in the car?

I have a Picasso grand with 7seats and will be doing a school run with 3 x toddlers and two after schoolers.

Eg was just wondering if it's best for an older child to go in the middle or put two of the younger ones in the back etc.

There are so many different combinations and considerations that I thought I'd ask if anyone has Sussed out a way that works for them and why?

Thanks

Sweetpea

sept 20
    Post Thanks / Like

It's trying to find a combination that works best for you - I have a permanent baby seat (stage 2) behind the passenger seat and another larger stage 2 seat that is permanently in the back (on the driver's side. This can be used for children approx 12 months to 4 years) - I access this seat by folding down the seat in front, then it's just a matter of arranging the high back booster seats and another stage 2 seat for whichever children I have. Fortunately my own 2 children are taller than 135 cm now so don't need a booster - that makes life a little easier!
    I must admit I have to sit down and write a seating plan sometimes to ensure I've got enough room in the car for everyone!

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Zafira

In the "boot" I have 3yr old and 2yr old mindee in their car seats
    In the middle I have 3yr old son on the side. On the other side (the single seat that moves down) I have my 6yr olds son's booster seat, so I can easily move it for access to the boot.

I also have a high back booster seat in the front. 6 year old son uses that when I have 5 year old mindee in his booster in the middle.

Does that make sense... lol

Took me ages to figure out a way that worked for me

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

mine all chop & change depending on who i have and when!

sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an Espace. My two (8 & 6) sit in the back two seats - getting in and out the boot. They are both on boosters and can strap themselves in.

In the middle row I have 3 car seats which are suitable from 15mths through to 11yrs - using a combination of 5-point harness and adult 3 point belts.

If I need a 4th seat that too is the same seat and used on the passenger seat with the seat pushed as far back from the air bag as possible.

When I need a rear facing seat this goes on the middle row near side passenger seat, with a mirror on the headrest.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends where I am going to be honest.

I would have the youngest, least mobile in the seat on the pavement side when you park. Then the others in seats according to if they can release their own clips when told to or not and how accessible the seat is for me to access from the pavement side of the car to get them all clipped in.

I try to do everything without going on the road side of the car. If I have to I put the oldest most able who can get into their seat and put the straps on so I can quickly reach in and clip and tighten.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Zafira. I put the older children in boosters in the boot as they can do their own seatbelts. They access their seats by me folding down the seat in the middle row on the drivers side. That seat usually has a booster seat on it. The other side, in the middle row on the passenger side I have a 3yr old and then sometimes a highback booster for 4yr old in the front passenger seat. I can't fit a booster in the middle of the middle row and still manage to do up all the seatbelts

xxx

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a kia sedona and have 2 car seats permantly behide front seats and older ones go in back as they can walk though the gap and i dont have to climb in to strap up car seats..
    Dust its Fairy Dust

july 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi i have a grand picasso and what i normally do is have the peermanent baby seat in the middle of the middle row. booster seats in the back row (boot) and then depending on the ages of the others i have put the high back boosters in sometimes these go on back row. and the oldest child even though i don't like doing if no room in back sits with me up ffront on a booster seat whether they want it or not. then the fun of getting double buggy in boot with a buggy pod attached.