Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maternity leave

Registered Childminder since
    Dec11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Maternity leave

Hi sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I need some advice. I am 27 weeks pregnant and im not sure who to contact about getting maternity pay? Do I contact the job centre? Also do I have to notify ofsted to tell them I'm going on maternity leave? Sorry again if this is in the wrong place but last time I was pregnant I was employed so it was a lot easier. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated thanks

Feb 11
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as you've paid National Insurance you can claim maternity pay. You carry on paying your Ofsted and NCMA (or alike) yearly fees and then contact the job centre to claim maternity. I'm currently on maternity but mine is slightly different as my husband is still minding x

aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'GOOD'
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sheila, im 24 weeks pregnant and was also looking for advice on this subject, it does look like we take the mat B1 certificate to the job center, i haven't had mine yet, got to go and ask midwife for it i think.

anyway maybe we could keep in contact through the pregnancies, how are you doing at the mo, have you decided how long you are having off and when you are stopping yet?

Tammy xx

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

With my youngest daughter I was employed but due to being off work during the period when maternity pay is calculated I had to claim MA. this is the link I was given to download the info to fill in and send it off.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTax...en/DG_10018869

I would inform Ofsted that you are pregnant, they may not want to know but at least they do, and then again when you decide to actually go on maternity leave.
    Last edited by LittleVoice; 22-08-2012 at 03:19 PM.