Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default rewriting safe guarding policy help!!

I am trying to incorporate the use of mobile phones and cameras into my policy and have been attempting this for a few days now. I more or less understand why and what the policy needs to say however I am struggling big time trying to put it into actual words. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Kaz xxx
    Kaz x

toddlers896 Guest

sorry i dont have phones or photos in my safeguarding policy but if you type sample safeguarding policy in google you will find something ime sure. x

chattercat Guest

It is a requirement of the revised EYFS that we all include it by September. Haven't done mine yet though.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Trac ... from Sept it will be a statutory requirement to talk about mobile phone and camera use in your safeguarding policy... it's not a requirement now.

I intend to discuss how my phone is used - for emergencies and how my camera is used - to take and print photos of children that are then deleted.

I will mention my ICO registration and refer to my whistleblowing policy as I work with a co-minder and assistant.

Hth

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am going to include something about older children who come along with mobile phones and ds's that can take photos (might even be that I ban them - still mulling in over)

Cx

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a separate policy on the use of camera's and mobile phones will this be acceptable, will it have to be included on the safeguarding one or can l put a see use of mobiles and camera's policy note on it.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QualityCare View Post
    I have a separate policy on the use of camera's and mobile phones will this be acceptable, will it have to be included on the safeguarding one or can l put a see use of mobiles and camera's policy note on it.
    I would tag it on to the safeguarding policy and procedures... nothing stopping you putting 2 or more together.

Or if you are reviewing policies around Sept anyway to check all the new requirements are met you might think it time for a re-write.

Hth

toddlers896 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Trac ... from Sept it will be a statutory requirement to talk about mobile phone and camera use in your safeguarding policy... it's not a requirement now.

I intend to discuss how my phone is used - for emergencies and how my camera is used - to take and print photos of children that are then deleted.

I will mention my ICO registration and refer to my whistleblowing policy as I work with a co-minder and assistant.

Hth
    oops, can you tell i havent looked at the revised early years yet. Ime still trying to get my head round the old one

Feb 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I have put something together and I think it reads ok. Will let me CDO have a look and if it needs changing I will give it another go.
    Thanks for the reply's xxx
    Kaz x

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trac896 View Post
    oops, can you tell i havent looked at the revised early years yet. Ime still trying to get my head round the old one
    Don't worry you're no the only oneI keep picking it up and getting side tracked, must read it this week as have a session on it on saturday
    Cath

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohhh, I'm out of the loop. I haven't seen the new eyfs. How do I go about getting a copy please.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Ohhh, I'm out of the loop. I haven't seen the new eyfs. How do I go about getting a copy please.
    It's all on this site - the new EYFS, the new Development Matters guidance etc etc...

It is law from Sept 1st - check and see if your area are running training.

http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/qu...age-framework/

Hth

Feb 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cathtee View Post
    Don't worry you're no the only oneI keep picking it up and getting side tracked, must read it this week as have a session on it on saturday
    Good luck Saturday, maybe you can share any info after the session... LOL I will let you all know what my CDO thinks and share my policy. x x x
    Kaz x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying to re write mine today.....struggling with the wording tbh.....I know what I want to say but cant write it down!!!

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

So should we not be using our mobile phones as cameras on a regular basis?

I use my mine all the time as I always have it with me and my camera is too big to carry around everywhere.

Do I need to change the way I take photos?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atmkids View Post
    So should we not be using our mobile phones as cameras on a regular basis?

I use my mine all the time as I always have it with me and my camera is too big to carry around everywhere.

Do I need to change the way I take photos?
    Of course not. you can use your phone and camera just the same way you always have. You don't change anything you are doing.

All you have to do is add to your Safeguarding Policy how you keep the information on your phone safe so does your phone have a pin number so if you lost it or it was stolen no one else could access any photos or parents numbers. How do you store parents contacts in your phone are they identified in a 'childminding' folder and if they are perhaps they shouldn't be.

Who comes into your home with a phone, dh your children your friends so how are you going to make sure they don't sneak and take a picture of the mindees? If a child in your care arrives with a phone what are you going to do? Let them keep it all day and take photos willy nilly all day and then go home and post them on Facebook??

If you have an Assistant what do they do with their phone when they are with you is it left in the 'office' for the day and they have a work phone provided by you to use when you go out.

The same with the camera, how do you store the photos, who could have access to them, are they password protected. Are you registered with the Information Commissioner's Office? If you are then you say in your Policy.

toddlers896 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    Of course not. you can use your phone and camera just the same way you always have. You don't change anything you are doing.

All you have to do is add to your Safeguarding Policy how you keep the information on your phone safe so does your phone have a pin number so if you lost it or it was stolen no one else could access any photos or parents numbers. How do you store parents contacts in your phone are they identified in a 'childminding' folder and if they are perhaps they shouldn't be.

Who comes into your home with a phone, dh your children your friends so how are you going to make sure they don't sneak and take a picture of the mindees? If a child in your care arrives with a phone what are you going to do? Let them keep it all day and take photos willy nilly all day and then go home and post them on Facebook??

If you have an Assistant what do they do with their phone when they are with you is it left in the 'office' for the day and they have a work phone provided by you to use when you go out.

The same with the camera, how do you store the photos, who could have access to them, are they password protected. Are you registered with the Information Commissioner's Office? If you are then you say in your Policy.
    Can i have a seperate policy for phones and photos or does it have to go on the safeguarding policy.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trac896 View Post
    Can i have a seperate policy for phones and photos or does it have to go on the safeguarding policy.
    It can be an attachment but from September it has to be attached to or in your Safeguarding Policy.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

We were told at the revised eyfs briefing the safeguarding policy has to include behaviour by adults that you might comsider inappropriate.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fi fi View Post
    We were told at the revised eyfs briefing the safeguarding policy has to include behaviour by adults that you might comsider inappropriate.
    is this wriitten anywhere in the revised EYFS??? seems people are beong told so many different things...think some are making it up as they go along!!!! Not you fifi.........whoever is doing the training x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast