My name is Shona Hughes, I am an Ofsted Registered Childminder in Noak Bridge, Basildon (Essex) who is fully insured through the National Childminding Association (N.C.M.A) of which I am also a member.

I hold a current first aid certificate, have had all the relevant health checks and have been cleared by the Criminal Records Bureau. I was graded 'Good' at my last Ofsted inspection- March 2010.

I live with my husband Ed, and two children aged 2 and 4 years in a non-smoking household. We have a pet hamster called Peppa and two lovely rabbits named Caramel and Fudge. Our enclosed garden offers lots of outdoor equipment. Sand and water play, trampoline, playhouse, and lots more.

We regularly go for walks or outings to the park, local animal farms, toddler groups, soft play areas etc.

I hold a full, clean driving license and have insurance policies that cover my business in my home and car. I have a spacious Toyota Corolla Verso which is used within my daily business and have AA cover.

I provide a flexible and personal service that meets the individual needs of your child. My home is a caring, safe and stimulating environment giving your child lots of opportunity to have fun and learn through play. I am committed to the welfare and development of all the children in my care and it is important to me that parents can leave their children knowing that they are in safe hands and are having a very positive, enjoyable experience.

I provide care for children from under 1 year old onwards that require childcare.

My Qualifications

Qualifications and Training Completed:

Diploma In homebased Childcare - Unit 1 Complete
Intorduction to Chilcare Practice (CACHE)
12 Hour Paediatric First Aid
Local Safeguarding - Child Protection
Early Years Foundation Stage

I continue to attend courses to refresh and update my knowledge and to keep abreast of current regulations.

My Availability

I currently have space available from September onwards, please feel free to call for a chat or arrange to come and see my setting.

please contact me via the forum