10% discount for ELC
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 10% discount for ELC

Hey all

I went to mothercare yesterday and went for a look around the ELC section too.

If you are a childminder, work for a playgroup or a school you can apply for a discount card which gives you 10% off each time you buy full priced toys there, over and over again.

I asked what you need to apply and she said you have to take proof that you work for one of the above - company headed paper signed by your boss, your registered childminder certificate etc and they will give you the relevant paperwork to fill in.

Never heard of this before so not sure if it's new but thought I would let you all know

Amy xxx

Registered Childminder since
    Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I did this a couple of years ago, but think you need to renew it each year. Thanks for the reminder.

Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I re newed mine last week,. its dated for 2 years. Just took my certificate in. x
    Julie X X

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I need to renew mine .. but our elc has closed down =(

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Both our local store (7 miles away) and the next local store (12 miles away) have now shut and I'm not driving 25 miles to the next closest one - so I tend to buy on line so can't use my discount code - but thank you for sharing for people who still do have a store nearby.

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had one for many years, but both of our local shops closed a couple of years ago too xx

Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it only toys u get discount off I'm after a double buggy and wondered whether I'd get discount off that at mothercare?

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Is it only toys u get discount off I'm after a double buggy and wondered whether I'd get discount off that at mothercare?
    Think it's just ELC products - annoying I know as lots of ELC & Mothercare shops have merged into the same building. Have you tried looking on line at Kiddicare as when I bought my single buggy from them it saved me £25 compared to price in Argos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Yes hector is right it is only 10% off FULL PRICED toys at ELC.

It's definitely worth checking your prices as mothercare, kiddicare and toys r us all do price match if you would prefer to buy from them.
    The shops you are price matching has to have the product in stock though. If they call up to check the price and they say they are out of stock they don't honor the price match.

Hope you get what you want x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh if only I'd known this last week , spent a small fortune on mats and jigsaws , shall remember for next time , thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *daisychain* View Post
    Oh if only I'd known this last week , spent a small fortune on mats and jigsaws , shall remember for next time , thanks
    No problem - I went this weekend and got my card too! Will come in very handy!!

I know someone has mentioned but just to confirm it does expire a year from the date you are given it so u have to apply again xxx